The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-22-2014, 05:51 AM

Gorgeous Anael.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:07 AM
Power Poster

Thanks EveryBunny!
It was another FUN one to do!

JanRN and W4Me ... Like it ... ears off the page (also whiskers into the binding!) .... I inserted some long twist-ties into the ears and stitched each side of them to hold in place. That way the ears can be perky or floppy, as I wish. They would never have stood, otherwise. The fluffy tail was some weird yarn I found that had big fuzzy balls in it and I bunched a bunch of them together and tacked them onto the "page".

Anael ... what a beautiful finish in a perfect garden setting! And oh so many different FMQ designs on it to make it a showpiece. Incredible!

QNSue ... while you may not like the steroids, I was thrilled to use them for the good they did for me! Have some trust in your Dr. and use them as advised .... otherwise, yes, that's where problems may occur.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:05 AM
Power Poster

Thinking of you QNS and hope for the best on Thursday.
My BIL was involved in a car accident 4 years ago that left him blind. He has found the I phone to be a great tool with it's voice activation capabilities. He sends texts to his daughters and GS (4 yo) every day. When he and DS are traveling he's searching for eating places etc while she is driving.
Little boys and their wheels..a winning combination!

QE---♫ ♫ "Here come's Peter Cottontail hopping down the bunny trail....♫ ♫ Yes I noticed the ears too and then the fluffy tail. Cute, cute.....

dublb--I think there is a 4 letter word in your forecast, but won't say it as I don't want to jinx your chance...Hope the weather forecast comes to fruition!

DD and family left after noon yesterday as kids didn't have school--Grands all have such a great time together--just makes me smile..... DD and I had time to gather ideas together as the wedding draws closer. Will be a week of family togetherness. With bride's family all coming from East coast and DH's and my siblings all living out of state the "Farm" will be the natural gathering place. DD is a super organizer and we bounced lots of ideas off each other to keep the week as stress free as possible.

I love my garden beds--ground was dry enough to get 18 broccoli plants and 9 romaine lettuce plants in the ground, plus a row of snap peas and a few spots of radish, seed lettuce, beets, and spinach. Have onion sets to put out later today as well as some more peas. The broccoli, romaine and peas will all be ready at wedding time so will have salad fixings outside the door. I planted more broccoli than I usually do for that reason. Book work today... then outside to garden.

Meanwhile EBE (Energizer bunny Europe) cranks out another fine finish
Old 04-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Power Poster

Thanks OKSGlad ... I'm going to have a hard time packing Peter away til next year!
Gardening already ... did you not have a dump of snow a week just a week or so ago?
Still too chilly here ... need those spring rains here to warm up the soil.
The good news ... my daffodils in the lawn have buds on them!
And my iris that I planted in the fall survived.
One good thing about all the snow this winter ... provided a good layer of insulation, and we should see very little damage to the perennial beds.

I have a feeling that the EBI (Energizer Bunny Iowa) is going to be in overdrive for the next two months. So good that you and your DD are working in tandem to make it all happen. (and smiling here as I keep seeing EBI as the former acronym from the farm world!)

Last edited by QuiltE; 04-22-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:21 PM

QNS good luck with your appointment, here's hoping you get good news.

QuiltE I love love love your bunny and eggs, what an adorable idea.

Anael another beautiful quilt and hanging in the sunshine, the quilting is exquisite, well done
Old 04-22-2014, 03:52 PM
Power Poster

Thank you MiraB ... I've been enjoying the extra embellishing touches lately.
I think there will be more bits of embroidery to come, when possible.
Have you done any more quilts for your little rack?
Old 04-23-2014, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Thank you MiraB ... I've been enjoying the extra embellishing touches lately.
I think there will be more bits of embroidery to come, when possible.
Have you done any more quilts for your little rack?
No I haven't made any new little quilts for my rack, although I do have 3 paper pieced patterns sitting on my desk that I will make as soon as I finish quilting Spike. Have 5 blocks finished, 7 to go.

DD is coming home for the weekend so Roast Lamb and all the trimmings for dinner tomorrow night and Chicken Pie on Friday night. As this is the only time all of us will be together for a while and it is only 2 weeks till DH's birthday he will get his quilt on Friday night..(hope he likes it)?????????????????
Old 04-23-2014, 03:37 AM

Don't worry mirabelle, of course he will like it ! ! ! !
Old 04-23-2014, 11:40 AM

Yes OK, they say that I have a 30% chance o' rain th'sevenin'. Ya'll all pray for us ta git some.
QE, I just love your Easter Bunny! He just way too darlin'!
Anael, I just love how settin' blocks on point showes 'em off so well! Your 9 GM's Choice blocks just shine in this settin'! (y)
Old 04-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Power Poster

So it's almost 12 hrs later ... which will mean that MiraB is finished the Spikes ... or on the home stretch! Get up and drink that first coffee and pitter patter, get at'er! We all want to see! Silly woman ... of course MrMiraB is going to LOVE that new quilt! Looking forward to seeing what your new minis will be.

DublB ... thanks! I think he will stay in place for awhile, just so I can enjoy him more!