Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Use that Stash!  Fabric Moratorium >

Use that Stash! Fabric Moratorium

Use that Stash! Fabric Moratorium

Old 12-18-2012, 03:43 AM

I'll try....no promises, but I will try to use only my current stash....sigh
Old 12-18-2012, 08:27 AM

13 days left to get your stash fix!! New years is coming sooner than you think!!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:35 AM

Me to! I am on an official fabric diet!
Penny
Old 12-18-2012, 01:37 PM

Here's an idea - whoever wins by staying on the fabric diet the longest wins the stash from all of the rest of us! The original winner wins and we get rid of our stash! Brilliant!
Old 12-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Power Poster

have to (report)...all 3 of the Christmas gifts i showed pictures of...tablerunner/placemats, tree skirt & raggy quilt were made from my stash ... the only thing i purchased was the green backing for the tree skirt- everything else were stash/scraps! so i'm off to a good start for the new year...i pieced a couple more table runners & a fabric bowl today- haven't backed/quilted the runners yet- but will find backing on my shelves tomorrow for that---using scrap batting for these projects too!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:02 PM

uh,oh, i needed some white thread, due to my dog's insatiable appetite for thread spools, so i went to connecting threads. $137 later.......i have thread ordered and a 'little' bit of fabric. the blues were on sale and i really want to make a blue and white quilt, and blue is not a color i use often so there's none, zero, zip in my stash. now, purple...that's another story! lol ! i have made a purple quilt and have lots left over. NO MORE FABRIC SHOPPING!!! forget jan.1st, i'm stopping now. i have no place to put any more!!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:04 PM

count me in sounds good
Old 12-22-2012, 06:17 PM

I was looking through all my boxes of fabric looking for a particular color and believe me, that is a good way to make yourself go on this diet. I REALLY need to use up what I have or at least do this for a year to wean down the pile a little. So if you begin to fall off the wagon, just sort through your fabric and get encouragement to stay on board. I do have to admit I will buy some fabric next year but only for 3 quilts...one that our guild is going to do (Trip Around The World (and I hope I can use my stash for a lot of that); a Celtic one that we will do on our quilt retreat and start a quilt for granddaughter who will graduate in May 2014. Then I might need something for backings although I am going to try and piece a lot of them like you all suggest. Mostly though, I will be making scrappy quilts! Keep encouraging each other...only a few days left before we all jump on together. :-)
Old 12-23-2012, 08:01 AM

ill join you i was going to try something like that anyway lets hope ill be sucessful cause lately my budget stinks. so this is a way to fix both problems. i always have to buy backing cause when i buy fabric for my stash its never more than a yard or 2. but im going to go one step further and try to get all those ufo"s in my sewing room knocked out its crazy in there i have a quilt for my neice ive been working on over 3 years i keep setting it aside and doing something else. i also have one i cut out for myself that has never gotten done so its time to bite the bullet and just do it.
carla
Old 12-23-2012, 04:14 PM

Actually was looking at my stash, since I am organizing things to pack and move...All I might have to buy would be fabric to use for backing...but lots of times I use sheets to save money or I can piece from what I have! All joking aside about shopping until I drop for the next few days, I really need to get this fabric used! My hands are beginning to give me troulble and since I can't afford to send my quilts out to get done, I may have to cut down a lot over the next year or so on what I make...Luckily at least, I have a daughter (one out of 7) that is into quilting and will get my stash!!