Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Progress of Sewing Studio >

Progress of Sewing Studio

Progress of Sewing Studio

Old 01-04-2013, 03:06 PM

Default Progress of Sewing Studio

Well I have had my studio now for a little over a year. I have power running out to it now. I have also added a few more ladies out there that call it home. I can't wait to get it finished with paneling and ceiling. I have gone back and forth on what I want to do with the floor..I know I am crazy, but now I want a part of it to be carpeted. Eventually I will be adding more windows, a sliding glass door and built in around the door and where my mother in law's machine is. It is a work in progress that is slow going at times, especially now that I am working on my degree to become a Physician Assistant and with my son being in school. But it is all mine and I love the peace and quiet out there...Well sometimes, I do have a stereo set up to play my mp3 player hehe.
Attached Thumbnails img_0011.jpg  
Old 01-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Power Poster

​Nice that you are getting the space of your dreams. I would decide on the flooring first because I am lazy. I wouldn't want to have to move everything out and then back in again after the flooring goes down.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:29 PM

Thank you. I am uploading pictures of the rest of the studio to pinterest now...For some reason the board wouldn't let me post any after the first one.
http://pinterest.com/quiltinthewoods/quilting-studio/ If you click on the pin it will open it up bigger.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:21 PM

Looking great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:33 PM

Very nice, just hang in there and before you know it, you'll be all set up. Good luck getting the degree! It's hard to go to school when you have children, but it's doable if you are determined enough. Quilting will be a great relaxation.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:35 AM

No matter what it looks like, there is a satisfaction knowing that it's all yours. Congratulations on a YOUR space.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Power Poster

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:37 AM

Good for you, you will have a great space and school will come to, my cousins daughter just got hers, hard work but worth it. I see your only 20 miles from me, where are you going to school? Hi neighbor!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:01 PM

Nice space. Slow and steady wins the race. Take your time and plan carefully. Hmmm....carpet i the sewing space?? Hard to keep clean, but if you need it for sound deadening and insulative qualities then I guess it makes sense. Good luck with school, that's more important.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Carol34446 View Post
Good for you, you will have a great space and school will come to, my cousins daughter just got hers, hard work but worth it. I see your only 20 miles from me, where are you going to school? Hi neighbor!
Wow, 20 miles, heck that is almost making it into the town of Brooksville lol. ( I live on the county line near Innverness) I am amazed that being a city girl, I think that 20 miles is right around the corner now. I actually go to South University Online, for the next 2 years, then it is off to Tampa daily to go through my clinical and work on my masters for another 27 months...hmmm typing it makes it seem like i am going to be in school forever! Yes, it will be more then worth it =) and Hello back Neighbor!