Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
chair for sewing room >

chair for sewing room

chair for sewing room

Old 03-08-2013, 08:53 AM

Office chairs serve a lot of purposes. Fully adjustable task chairs are the best in my opinion. Not only the ability to adjust the height, but also the angle of the lumbar and, my favorite adjustment: the tilt of the seatpan. Tilting the seat ever so slightly forward keeps pressure off of the back of legs while doing “tasks”. For me, arm rests are not helpful and sometimes just bang up against the table. Lots of chairs seem designed for tipping all the way backwards, for those who like their feet on the desk I imagine. While sewing, I lean forward just a bit, so the seat tilt adjustment is helpful.

To keep a chair looking like new, leather or faux leather can’t be beaten. Nothing (thread, lint, dog or cat hair) clings to leather and it wipes off with ease. The upholstery of every office chair I’ve owned over the years was an awful lint and thread magnet and, with it never comes off easily.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:43 PM

Well I must live on a different planet. I have an adjustable office chair with arms that I just love! I don't find the arms get in the way because the chair swivels. I really like being able to rest my arms on the arms of the chair. I have a bit of a neck issue so this may be why. Sit on the chairs yourself and decide for yourself. Mine was from Costco.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:25 PM

Be sure to get the adjustable height feature. Makes a big difference when moving from machine to machine. Also the adjustment when going from piecing to quilting. A big help for sore backs.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:36 PM

Wink

Make sure you try to seat on that chair, get the one that is adjustable the height, I mean. About the arms, it's totally up to you, sometimes, you just want to hang something and reach quickly near to you, so you need the arms! Don't forget
make that chair Roomy, just in case you need to put fabrics on your lap. Sometime we just need to relax and seat, look at what treasured Creation we made! Go shopping and pick what is very COMFY for you! Good Luck!