Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
AccuQuilt to buy or not? >

AccuQuilt to buy or not?

AccuQuilt to buy or not?

Old 03-29-2013, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by nana2madmax View Post
My husband got mine at http://www.quilting-warehouse.com/
Look around as prices vary, sometimes a lot, for the dies.
I love my GO (would not get the samller one as you have more options with the GO)!
I just googled Accuquilt, and found the Go for less than $200 at that site.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:43 AM

BUY! My husband bought me one for Christmas and you wouldn't believe the time that it saves. If you go to sewforless.com they had one on there for $199 and a bunch of dies on sale! As far as what to get, I started with the ones I know I will use all the time- 6.5in square, double wedding ring, and the 2.5in strip cutter for all my binding. The circles are on my list too...actually I have a HUGE list, but I would suggest starting with the basic shapes/ favorite quilt tools and branch out from there. I haven't really tried any of the applique dies yet either.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:05 AM

Is the Go enough? I could do the $200 for that one, but no the extra for the Studio.

I actually like cutting strips, but have been messing with curved templates for apple core and drunkards path, and that is a pain.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by hray View Post
I just googled Accuquilt, and found the Go for less than $200 at that site.
Never mind...it was under $190 but they want at least $35 shipping!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:01 AM

Yup. agree with all. My ONLY gripe is that new templates should come with a mat!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Normabeth View Post
I have this piece of equipment, used it to cut strips and squares. Had a bad experiene with the AccuQuilt company, my 5" square die does not cut right, I have only used it 3 times, if I can produce a receipt that is less than a year old for the purchase of the die, they will look into replacing the die. I don't keep a receipt after the first time I use something, needless to say, I threw this equipement to the back of the closet, not sure when it will see the light of day again. So for now, this company is on my S**T list.
If you bought it online from their site, you can just log back in and print out a copy of your receipt.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:43 PM

I have really enjoyed mine. I tamed a pile of scraps and have liked what the results have been. Have used it cutting strips and they are perfect. Each shape is fun to do. I bought the go about 2 or 3 months ago and love it. Warning: I keep getting more dies and it's just as addicting as fabric. But love em!
Old 04-17-2013, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Best prices are at diecutyourfabric.com. Prices show are retail, discounts are taken after you select your payment method. You won't be charged until you actually submit your order. No affiliation, just a happy customer, yada yada. Owner of the website has a yahoo group pinsandneedles1 if you're interested or have questions.
I only asked them for a quote and did not realize she thought it was an order. They sent the machine, though I didn't want it. After adding shipping costs, it's cheaper to use Amazon. At least she was nice about having the thing returned to her.

The whole experience really soured me on the Accuquilt. I'll stick with paper piecing for a while.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:18 AM

It is quite surprising that there are so many prices on the same item. I bit the bullet and ordered the Baby for a good price and THEN I discovered another place that had it for $20 cheaper. Of course, neither included mat or dies so I ordered that - should be getting it by FRIDAY!! I am excited! Oh! free shipping also, so that helped. The reason I chose the Baby is that it could be less waste????
Old 04-18-2013, 07:29 AM

I guess I don't understand the use of cutting machines. When I looked at the prices for the Accuquilt, and then how much each additional die cost, I couldn't imagine spending that much...maybe if I had more $$$ i wouldn't be so skeptical. I guess if my grandmother cut her own strips and shapes, I can too.