Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Using embroidery designs as quilting designs >

Using embroidery designs as quilting designs

Using embroidery designs as quilting designs

Old 08-02-2013, 12:58 PM

Default Using embroidery designs as quilting designs

I decided I wanted to try a quilt as you go project, and quilt each block with my embroidery machine. I have some great quilt designs I purchased several years ago and have not used them. My problem is, I have the Husqvarna Viking designer software, and it won't work on my relatively new computer. It's version 3 and they are out with V5. I don't embroider enough to justify the cost of upgrading to 5D ($2300). Does anyone know of a program that is less expensive but will let me manipulate my designs (change size, combine designs, take stuff out of designs, etc.)? Otherwise, you'll probably be seeing all my software for sale! Thanks for any help!
Old 08-02-2013, 01:09 PM

I have 4D and I use with my janome.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom View Post
I have 4D and I use with my janome.
I forgot to add this was left over after I traded my Viking in on my janome. Best trade I've made in a long time.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:33 PM

Not sure if this is the type of thing you are looking for but I use Wilcom which I downloaded for free. I save designs to my computer and then alter and then transfer them back to my machine.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:43 PM

Embroidery works runs about 500 you can do alot of editing, no digitizing but can remove stitches combine, etc.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
Embroidery works runs about 500 you can do alot of editing, no digitizing but can remove stitches combine, etc.
I googled embroidery works and all I got was for a company that does the embroidery for you. Would you happen to have a web address for them? Thanks!
Old 08-02-2013, 04:20 PM

I use explorations embroidery software and I use that with my designer topaz I did some of this software on ebay and it is a lot cheater than $2300
Old 08-02-2013, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by quiltin-nannie View Post
I decided I wanted to try a quilt as you go project, and quilt each block with my embroidery machine. I have some great quilt designs I purchased several years ago and have not used them. My problem is, I have the Husqvarna Viking designer software, and it won't work on my relatively new computer. It's version 3 and they are out with V5. I don't embroider enough to justify the cost of upgrading to 5D ($2300). Does anyone know of a program that is less expensive but will let me manipulate my designs (change size, combine designs, take stuff out of designs, etc.)? Otherwise, you'll probably be seeing all my software for sale! Thanks for any help!
I have the Viking Topaz 30 and couldn't afford 5D. I use Embrilliance. It allows you to manipulate your design plus it will convert most any design to the viking format. I only paid $139.99 for it. Bought it online.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:53 AM

Embird. www.embird.net You can download and try for free. I've had the software for 10 years, and it is great.

Use of Embird demo version is limited to 30 days or 100 runs, whatever comes sooner. After this period, you must register your copy if you want to use it further.

[h=2]New Embird License (Basic Program)[/h] The fee for a new registration is US $164.