Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever had this dilemma? >

Have you ever had this dilemma?

Have you ever had this dilemma?

Old 09-09-2013, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by jlm5419 View Post
You probably put your machine foot somewhere logical; you will find it eventually.
Hah! Being "logical" has gotten me into more trouble!!! :-)

Marysewfun
Old 09-09-2013, 06:08 AM

Lost my front door key to the house, but didn't even know it was missing because no one in my house use the front door.Well about 3-4 months later my son visited and used the front door and announced why do you have the keys in the front door and husband asked me how long have they been there. My response since I left them there.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:59 AM
Power Poster

My Husband left the truck keys at a filling station. He was driving a different truck. He went back two days later and got them back. They told him lots of people leave things and never come back to get them.
I have some dish scrubbies I put in a logical place. I have gone through the house and still not found them. They are about 3-4" thick and about 6x9'" long. I sure wish I could find them. This is the second time losing them.
I discipline myself to keep all machine parts in plastic pouch they came in. Two machines I use all the time have their own pouch.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:55 AM

Lost a good pair of sewing scissors years ago and thought when we moved I would find them, but never did.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:13 AM

Hubby had a set of keys come up missing, we searched and searched, had duplicats made and about 6 weeks later moved a hat he never wore and there they were. The cleaning lady got the blame for moving the hat. Neither of us remembered doing it or was clever enough to look under the hat...lol
Old 09-09-2013, 01:31 PM

Goodness gracious - no! That has NEVER happened to me. LOL!! MaryMo has the right idea - look for something else and it will show up. Good luck.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:07 PM

Sometimes if you're looking for a shiny object it helps to wait until dark and then search with a flashlight. The metal will show up where it might have been hard to see in daylight. I'm thinking of places such as in a narrow space behind a piece of furniture or in thick carpet. This works even for tiny things like pins and contact lenses.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:21 PM

I see you have a picture of a little guy as your avatar, check the toy box. That's were i find lots of things after the grand kids leave.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:00 PM

We lost car keys in the toaster for a year. Only when we started blowing circuit breakers did we discover that........calla
Old 09-09-2013, 05:26 PM

There was one time I lost my keys, and they were on one of those big safety pins, I found them in a chair after 4 years and 3 moves. None of the keys fit anything we had any more but I found them, right before I threw the chair away. Know the frustration about looking for feet, I finally started to FMQ and needed the foot for my old machine. I checked on the internet to see what it looked like and remembered seeing it upstairs in the catch all area, think I can find it again? So after looking for about 4 months I broke down an bought one, maybe I should have bought a new machine then I would have found the first foot.