Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2013 >

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 10-20-2013, 03:29 PM

Thanks Sis
Old 10-20-2013, 03:46 PM

Loving the ornaments, y'all! The wooden name tags are darling!!
Lynnie, I almost don't know what to say...except GEEE-ROSSSS!!! I had to laugh a lil, too..and I also love that you shared it with us, the story, not the cat treats..note to self: if get goodies from Lynnie have hubby take 1st bite!! Haha..
When I first started going to my lqs group, I had no problems sharing with the gals the goofy mistakes I made. At frst they were surprised I wasn't too embarrassed to tell of my exploits..now they all share some of their "goofs", too. No one's perfect, right??..
My 1st share was a biggie..I hadn't quilted except as a girl, hundred years ago (OK, maybe 35+) with my grandma, and only by hand. Fast forward to 3 yrs or so ago, I found this great lqs. Owner was so nice, helped me with some hand applique I was trying, told me I should sign up and join her current quilting class. They were 5 blocks in on a bom, but she said she would catch me up, and I would do fine. I could even do stuff by hand if I wanted. I thought, sounds fun..OK, sign me up. I go to 1st class, 5 other ladies there, all seasoned quilters, all with machines. I had brought my Singer (I had only done alterations, and had sewn some Scrubs, all using 5/8" foot, only foot I had ever used/knew about. See where this is heading??..). The blocks that day were paper piecing, wonky stars and a New York Beauty variation (yep, my 1st ever attempt at machine quilting ). So I am trying to keep up, all calm on the outside, wanting to be anywhere else on the inside..lol..Other ladies all very nice, but still. So, I am trying the paper piecing, my blocks are all coming out too small, just a smidge, but we all know a smidge counts a LOT in some patterns. Owner/teacher was trying to help me, but couldn't figure it out either, as I was sewing on lines, etc. I ended up telling her I would work on it at home. Came home, after researching I found out the "regular foot" that comes with machine, used for regular sewing was NOT a 1/4" foot..How hilarious, eh??! I had never thought to ask, and lqs owner had no clue that I didn't know about 1/4" foot. I laughed and laughed, all while forming a close bond with my seam ripper... Next class I told them all what happened..we all had a great laugh, and it's so nice to feel so comfortable with other quilters!
Take care all,
K
Old 10-20-2013, 03:58 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]442334[/ATTACH]ornaments are decorations. no where do i see that this xmas ornament swap says they must be able to hang on a tree. ornaments can hang elsewhere---like doors,walls etc. so one of my swappers will be getting this wall hanging as their ornament. hope they enjoy it as much as i enjoyed making it.
Attached Thumbnails joy.jpg  
Old 10-20-2013, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene View Post
Hey Ladies! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. My Mom and Brother and 3 of our Gkids spent the night with us on Fri., so needless to say we've been busy. Church and then of course breakfast out with friends and I'm finally getting a chance to get on the computer when the sheets are washing! Great ornaments everyone! I'm also making pinecones and balls and some snowmen. Will post some pics later.

I received my beautiful ornaments from Lynnie yesterday! So excited Lynnie, everyone thought they were just beautiful! Thank you again, I just love them!
i rec'd the same ornaments in a package on Friday except for a letter "R" rather than the "D". however there was no name on package and no note inside to identify the sender so glad to see someone else posting like ornaments. My thanks out to the sender--they are beautiful and have had to keep my daughter Anastasia from stealing the reindeer.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

hi roseirish, it was me lynnie, I was in such a rush to get the pkgs out, I forgot to put in a note. so rose, ihope that you liked what I sent you.
I agree on the ornament thing, no one said it had to be small, i'll take the joy sign , I love it!!
Kiffie, I make so many mistakes, I incorporate the idea now. once about 15 yrs ago, I put a quilt tog on the diagonal, what a mess, so I called it crooked corners. my son loved it mine was in cream and brights. his was black and brights, he wanted the same design but not the mistakes. you guessed it. this was worse!!! could it be??? so I called it. crooked corners II: a lesson in creativity, learning from our mistakes. mistakes have made me many a friend. that's how I ended up here. I was looking for a sewing board, to sew on, and this quilting board came up. lol (did you get it??)
HOPE EVERYONE LIKED WHAT I GAVE THEM
Old 10-20-2013, 04:28 PM

I'm willing to do some side swaps if anyone is interested. Just PM me.

Love all the ornaments and I really like the reindeer could use a dozen of those. I like the Santa ones to.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:30 PM

Hey roseirish, I love your wall hanging, if you have me I would be thrilled to get it!
Lynnie, love your story, made me laugh, funny but gross! Reminds me of my SIL, she laid out her cats anxiety meds poured herself some juice walked out to answer the phone, and yep you guessed it she said she was so relaxed all day! LOL!
Praying for you Rosemary, hope your tests turn out great!
Old 10-20-2013, 07:16 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

Rose, that is awesome! And ya know it did not say it had to hang a tree! yea. someone will love it. I love santa and snowmen-who doesn't? so I'm off to the sewing room to work on snowmen. I am trying to get a job so I best get theses ornies done and mailed.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:45 AM

Love all the ornaments.
got one of mine done while at the retreat and will do the other one today.
I love the joy wall hanging you can send it right on to me.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:24 AM

Beautiful! I love this, great job.
Originally Posted by roseirish48 View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]442334[/ATTACH]ornaments are decorations. no where do i see that this xmas ornament swap says they must be able to hang on a tree. ornaments can hang elsewhere---like doors,walls etc. so one of my swappers will be getting this wall hanging as their ornament. hope they enjoy it as much as i enjoyed making it.