Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sew steady circle table new? >

sew steady circle table new?

sew steady circle table new?

Old 09-21-2013, 03:38 AM

Default sew steady circle table new?

Has anyone seen this? What is the price? Does it fit any machine?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdG-NnuDFT8 Thans Gale
Old 09-21-2013, 03:59 AM
Administrator

it's probably available from more than one source.
i know i've seen it in the newest Nancy's Notions catalog.
her price is $112 or $139, depending on the size you buy.
the catalog description states that the tables are cut to fit the buyer's machine make and model.

if you don't already have an extension table, but really want one, and if you can afford it, i'd consider this a third-party extension table worth buying. plain tables are less expensive. but, if you add the cost of a separate circle tool (about $30 when you can find it on sale) to a plain table, the two would add up to about the same cost.

i have used a smaller circle tool from a different manufacturer and thought it was a very handy thing to have. now that a larger one is available, that's on my list of things to do once some pennies pile up. (i already have a table.)

this is not an endorsement.
"just me," saying i'd want this one if i happened to be in the market for an extension table anyway.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:01 AM
Power Poster

The older Viking extension tables had the holes, nothing new, I've had mine for about 15 years. In general, it works very well. A couple of things. As you saw with the video, a single layer of fabric doesn't lay flat, so stabilizer helps. I would use a tear away with one or two layers of quilting cotton. A quilt sandwich would also work, but you would have to do it QAYG because you would have great difficulty moving the whole quilt around the pivot. Decorative stitches were a bit tricky (for me) on smaller diameter circles, but lots of fun. You need to make sure that the push pin is anchored well, so it doesn't come out part way thru your stitching. Also, the pin can leave a tiny hole in delicate fabrics. All in all it's a handy, usable thing to have. I love their extension tables in general.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:02 AM

I have one and I love, I bought mine from Nancy's Notions catalog, gave them the kind of machine and model that I have and it fits perfectly. I hate using one of my other machines that doesn't have one. It is the greatest and really worth the money.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:03 AM

P.S, I don't have the holes in mine though.