Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun! >

Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun!

Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun!

Old 09-29-2013, 05:05 AM

Perfect place for the label, maybe with an embroidered snowman, or a picture of you, the quilt maker.

Originally Posted by jmbaker3051 View Post
Had the grandkids visit for awhile today but still got a good start on the Frosty the Snowman throw. Got everything cut out ready to sew together (except borders)...notice the empty square in bottom right corner? The Frosty panels are from fabric that was intended to make a fabric book, but wanted to convert into a throw instead, but it is one story page short, lol! Anyone have any ideas what I could make to put in this square? Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance
Old 09-29-2013, 05:22 AM

Good morning everyone. Well, I have the vacuum run and the kitchen floor mopped. One of our QB members (JDeery) and her DH are coming over at lunchtime and bringing lunch, and picking up a quilt I quilted for her on my longarm. It is for her DS for Christmas. She will bind it. While talking to her on the phone they passed a "black sewing machine" alone the side of the road. I told them to turn around and go look at it. So they did. It is in a cabinet and the people wanted $5 for it. I told them to snap that puppy up and I would pay them when they get here. I will even give DH a tip for being so nice and getting it for me. Now I will have 4 old Singers. Two of them I use all the time for piecing. I have my mother's old machine, but no room to open it up where I have it.

May not get much sewing done today, but will try to get the star block quilt sandwiched and ready for quilting.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:24 AM

Forgot to say how much I like everyone's work so far. One of these days I will try a hunter's star.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:01 AM

Sunday already? I have my quilt binding pinned and ready for the hand sewing. I was distracted yesterday as I rented a carpet shampoo machine and spent the afternoon cleaning carpets downstairs. I had walked for an hour before that, so today my feet are killing me. Going to clean the carpets upstairs and THEN put together the blocks for a quilt I am making for hubby. I will post pictures of both at the end of the day.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:39 AM

Well 1st thing I went with my friend and we went to Crossroads in Reed City to show support to both the owners who both have different cancers. She made a purchase and I got to see all the panels and new fabrics, fondling them as I went. We stopped a the little bakery for a sweet treat before heading home. I found out some sad news which kind of threw me off my game as you could image. I listlessly wandered from stenciling on two projects, ironing and redwork. But it was enough to say I accommplished something. Today, I'm going pick a project and stick with it. l don't know which one yet... but I'll think about it over breakfast.

Tricia
Old 09-29-2013, 06:40 AM

Default One goal done

Finished one of my goals for this weekend, putting a border on my latest scrappy. Here it is - barn raising using all 2 1/2 inch squares instead of log cabin blocks, very simple and easy.
Attached Thumbnails p1010392.jpg  
Old 09-29-2013, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
Oh, I really like that block. Did you paper piece or use traditional piecing methods? I noticed Quilters Cache has both methods.
I than you but it is not me but Janet Leigh a member on this site you want to PM. It was a fascinating way.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:53 AM

I got side tracked yesterday by lots of garage sales...this is probably the last really nice weekend to hold one this year....and many took advantage of it. Found a good amount of stuff...plus someone was trying to sell homedec samples for quilting squares. I told her that the finish (polished cotton) didn't work well with other cottons, besides she wanted way too much money for such a small bag.
Finished my niece's quilt top this morning and have it sandwiched...will take a picture llater on today.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:31 AM

I'm keeping going very well at present. Just done one more block for the Deck-ade the Halls quilt. Just mugs to go. I got behind You all know the problems.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 09-29-2013, 08:53 AM

Well I have been joining it but it seems I should have been working on other things: I have done the following as far as sewing goes:
1. Worked on Mystery Quilt #9 "Tranquility" step # 3 on Friday did a few but not all.
2. Made a fabric box from the tutorial that "frenchfryqueen" had posted in Christmas fabric. http://www.quiltingboard.com/links-r...s-t230949.html
3. Working on "You got mail" that Jenny Doan had posted a few weeks ago mine is in Christmas fabrics. Have half the blocks sewn together and am now thinking that will be one huge quilt with 42 blocks that are 12" finished!! And since no one has a queen size bed in this house, I have decided since I have 2 daughters may break it up into 2 quilts and put the other lone block on the back and use it as the label and put the info in the background HST area.

No pics yet will post them later as hubby and youngest want to go somewhere all I want to do is sew