Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I could use some advise here...can you help out???? >

I could use some advise here...can you help out????

I could use some advise here...can you help out????

Old 09-29-2013, 01:39 PM

Default I could use some advise here...can you help out????

anyone buy and use the SUPER WAVE OVEN...it roasts, bakes, broils, air-fries, grills and boils plus can steam. It is a 16 qt one.

We live in California. When we got it we found a tag warning on top .... saying this product contains a chemical or chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, or birth defects or other re-productive harm.

We called about it and they said it just meant an outside 'ring on the lid, and was no contact with contents inside. They didn't advertise that warning on TV (That is where we saw it and bought it). Said it would cook an 18 lb turkey inside 3 x's as fast as a regular oven.

We'd like to use it but now am afraid too. It cost $129 total, with free shipping. YIKES...what to do...what to do. Why run an ad that goes to California, that should not be used in California. I'm past the re-production process by years, but cancer does run in my family. What to do ...what to do....any lawyers or informed minds on this product out there? PM me if you wish.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:00 AM

Send it back...simple! G
Old 09-30-2013, 03:49 AM
Administrator

ignore it.
it's just another example of the hysteria and hype to which we are so constantly subjected in place of common sense.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:02 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

I'm with Patrice on this one.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:36 AM

So, only California is concerned about its citizens? Seems like an over-reaction to me, but I do understand if cancer runs in your family that you would probably be happier sending it back.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:43 AM

California is more progressive than most places; and quicker to act when there is a health threat to folks.

I would send it back.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:52 AM

Don't know about the hazard warning.....just an FYI....bought one a few yrs ago, daughter bought first and raved about it....so I bought too. Yes it does cook food faster......but I was not impressed..guess in from the old school of stove/oven cooking. Used it a few times, now sits on shelf above cabinets in laundry room along with panini maker, donut maker and a few other gadgets....must have a garage sale and get rid of all that stuff!
Old 09-30-2013, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

Ditto Gigi! SEnd it back! I'll just stick to using my regular oven. Take the backbone out of that turkey and you'll save more time. Cook the backbone and the giblets on the side for broth and dressing.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:06 AM

A co-worker of mine uses this one all the time, she said it's a healthier way of cooking for her family. She is always trying to get me to buy one, but I don't have the space for one.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:48 AM

Do you use a microwave? That's a great way to encourage cancer, not to mention totally changing the chemical structure of your food, so that your body doesn't recognize it as food. Do you drink water or drinks from plastic bottles? Another hazard. In the world we live in today, you have to pick your poison... it's all around us, and we could easily become "crazy," just listening to all the blather out there. And speaking of drinking water... do you REALLY know what's in your drinking water? You might try sending a sample of it off to a lab for analysis, if you really want a good reason to freak out. <G> If I lived in California, I'd be FAR more concerned about the ubiquitous radiation contamination from Fukushima than anything else these days. Did they tell you about that? Bet not! USE YOUR OVEN AND ENJOY IT IN PEACE!