Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I could use some advise here...can you help out???? >

I could use some advise here...can you help out????

I could use some advise here...can you help out????

Old 09-30-2013, 10:50 AM

Everything in California ia known to cause cancer. Do your Internet research and you will probably find out that you can ignore it. froggyintexas
Originally Posted by wordpaintervs View Post
anyone buy and use the SUPER WAVE OVEN...it roasts, bakes, broils, air-fries, grills and boils plus can steam. It is a 16 qt one.

We live in California. When we got it we found a tag warning on top .... saying this product contains a chemical or chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, or birth defects or other re-productive harm.

We called about it and they said it just meant an outside 'ring on the lid, and was no contact with contents inside. They didn't advertise that warning on TV (That is where we saw it and bought it). Said it would cook an 18 lb turkey inside 3 x's as fast as a regular oven.

We'd like to use it but now am afraid too. It cost $129 total, with free shipping. YIKES...what to do...what to do. Why run an ad that goes to California, that should not be used in California. I'm past the re-production process by years, but cancer does run in my family. What to do ...what to do....any lawyers or informed minds on this product out there? PM me if you wish.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:20 AM

It was probably tested on 5 million rats at an exposure of 26 hours a day. Don't let all the hype scare you off. The chances of it causing any problem are truly minimal
Old 09-30-2013, 12:49 PM

If we get rid of everything that has any kind of warning we would be living like the early settlers. Hey, that don't sound so bad.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:08 PM

I had something similar in the 90;sudually cooked in it twice a day in our truck and would heat water to do the few dishes I had it finally wore out. I liked it so much that I bought another one a couple of years ago. I had cancer in the 80's but that was before I got the oven . I didnt get cancer from using it
Old 09-30-2013, 07:43 PM

thanks a million to each one of you for the helpful advise. I appreciate it so much. HUGS by the bucket
Old 10-01-2013, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
ignore it.
it's just another example of the hysteria and hype to which we are so constantly subjected in place of common sense.
I agree. California has so many "environmental laws" that don't even make sense. How many plants and products can't be sent to California for who knows what reasons. Ignore it and cook your turkey!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:12 AM

I have one for the RV have used it often.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Alondra View Post
Do you use a microwave? That's a great way to encourage cancer, not to mention totally changing the chemical structure of your food, so that your body doesn't recognize it as food. Do you drink water or drinks from plastic bottles? Another hazard. In the world we live in today, you have to pick your poison... it's all around us, and we could easily become "crazy," just listening to all the blather out there. And speaking of drinking water... do you REALLY know what's in your drinking water? You might try sending a sample of it off to a lab for analysis, if you really want a good reason to freak out. <G> If I lived in California, I'd be FAR more concerned about the ubiquitous radiation contamination from Fukushima than anything else these days. Did they tell you about that? Bet not! USE YOUR OVEN AND ENJOY IT IN PEACE!

Nice way to politicize a thread.

Send it back Vickey if you feel uncomfortable about using it, I would.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:01 AM

Peace of mind ,send it back. End of story.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:30 PM

If you're going to think about it every time you use, I go with Janice E. Peace of mind, send it back.