Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wondering if there is a group meeting for fabric addiction?:) >

Wondering if there is a group meeting for fabric addiction?:)

Wondering if there is a group meeting for fabric addiction?:)

Old 10-11-2013, 09:14 AM

Hi my name is Donna and I have fallen off the wagon many times!!!! I just buy fabric to match my "bruises"!!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:31 AM

There wouldn't be a large enough venue for all of us with this disease!!! HaHa!!!
Originally Posted by oldquilter View Post
Have been working on stash reduction. But I will wander into Walmart or Joanne's for thread or notions, and I am always in trouble. Is this a sickness? Could be worse(drugs) right?
Old 10-11-2013, 09:51 AM

Oh, my, Jeanne, when will you get a chance to go there again...........hmmmm. And if we had a meeting for our addiction. We would end up swapping fabric
Old 10-11-2013, 12:21 PM

Someone here on the board mentioned Whittles Fabric so I went online to yet discover another amazing online store, as if I didn't have enough trouble already! It truly IS an addiction and I am addicted!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:14 PM

Hi, my name is Anita...and not only am I a fabriholic, I am a quiltaholic, too. I am addicted to quilt tops. My shame is that I never seem to make the tops into complete quilts. (I hang my head in shame...boo hoo). Wish I had a magic wand that I could wave over the tops to make them into quilts.

When is our next meeting? Can we meet daily? Most important...is chocolate served at the meetings?

Happy Quilting!
Anita
Old 10-11-2013, 01:18 PM

Love this one!!!

and I'm a member in good standing with this group!
who mentioned sewing quilt tops .... I'm a member of that group too.

Last edited by MaryMo; 10-11-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:45 PM

This really is a loaded question. Would this be a group aspiring to cure my fabric addiction, or to encourage it?!
Old 10-11-2013, 03:08 PM

I think most of us quilters want to help fellow quilters to find the items they need to finish projects. If that means buying more fabric or patterns, so be it.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:21 PM

Could be worse! I once saw a cartoon where the question was asked: Why isn't there a Chocoholics Anonymous? Answer: Because no one wants to quit! I kinda feel that way about fabric too! Due to being out of work I had to curtail my fabric spending down to almost nothing. Now that I have been back to work a few months and on a tight budget, I find myself buying fabric on line or in a store every other week when I get paid. Not much, maybe $10 to $20. Got paid this week, and as I was paying bills.....yup when on line to order a Bali Pop to use in a bargello I want to make. I wonder what my excuse will be next pay day....oh! Oh!! That check is on the 25th and I am going on a weekend retreat Nov 1....hmmmmm perhaps some fabric for the retreat..... I have it bad!
Old 10-11-2013, 03:27 PM

Even if there was a group to join, I don't know that I want to belong - at least not yet! I don't know how many pounds of fabric I have bought this year! I'm looking at buying a shelving unit to store it all. Right now I just throw it into the closet! I'm afraid when I'm feeling blue and stressed, going online and buying fabric gives me an immediate pick-me up! Although I really do need to slow down, I'm not ready for a fabric moratorium!