Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!! >

November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!!

November Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!!!!

Old 11-27-2013, 08:54 AM

After working all day today, I will need to stop at the store and pick up the pumpkin pie and pecan pie. Then I will start all the prep work for Thursday. We will be eating early, so I will start the turkey at like 5 am. Mom can't do much this year as she had major neck surgery and still under the weight limit and limited bending.

It is going to be hard for her to sit and let me do everything.

Have a happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:42 AM

My contribution to our Thanksgiving dinner is a sugar free apple pie and a cold broccoli/cauliflower/baby carrot/black olive mixture in fat free ranch dressing. Saw the recipe and it looked so good, had to try it. It also called for cherry tomatoes, but hubby doesn't like tomatoes so much, so dropped them out. Other items on the menu are prime rib and ham. Don't know about other potatoes, etc. If I pay attention to my plate tomorrow (remember Beware Thursday), I may make it alright this month.

Have a happy Thursday everyone!!
Old 11-29-2013, 04:13 AM

I hope you all had a very pleasant Thanksgiving. Today I'm headed to Quilt Heaven in Lambertville Michigan for a day of sewing with friends. My plan is to make a quillow. Quiltermomma, the Hexie ruler looks like fun. Mean mom thank you for the link to Paleo recipes. I love Hocking Hills.

My my Paleo diet is going very well.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:17 AM

Well pig out day is over for another year lol. My sister made enough food for an army, rather than the six of us. I did go back for seconds, but since it was both lunch and dinner that wasn't as bad. I also had a slice of my gluten free pumpkin pie. All in all I didn't really go that far overboard. Hope you all had a great day!
Old 11-29-2013, 07:53 AM

Ladies, don't forget to send me your weight loss tomorrow. I will be posting the new thread later today.

Had a great meal, got my meet 2 of the 3 kids of my new man yesterday. They all had a great day, enjoyed the food. I didn't overeat, only had 1 helping of everything.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:33 AM

Remember ladies........send me you weight loss so I can pick a winner for the "skinny quarters aka FQ's"

The new thread is up. If you sent your FQ in already for December I still need to you post on the new thread. Here is the link.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ml#post6431105
Old 11-30-2013, 10:55 AM

I am almost afraid to get back on the scale. I am sure it will not make me smile.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:48 PM

I'm in for December.
I made a turkey cobbler yesterday with some of my leftovers. Otherwise we have been eating them. I love not having to worry about cooking for a few days. What do you do with your leftovers if you don't eat them? My food all turned out really, really good this year. I'm not throwing it out! Between my daughter and me, we earned 2 free turkeys at the grocery store so I will probably cook the 2nd one for Christmas when my other daughter will be home from France.
"Good job!" to all of you who are losing!
Old 11-30-2013, 07:35 PM

Don't worry anyone. I'm not a loser this month. Congratulations to whoever wins. If you've made it through this holiday and still lost, you deserve to win. I think I just gave up and ate my way through.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:56 PM

Pam don't forget to go to the December thread to post. Thank you

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
I'm in for December.
I made a turkey cobbler yesterday with some of my leftovers. Otherwise we have been eating them. I love not having to worry about cooking for a few days. What do you do with your leftovers if you don't eat them? My food all turned out really, really good this year. I'm not throwing it out! Between my daughter and me, we earned 2 free turkeys at the grocery store so I will probably cook the 2nd one for Christmas when my other daughter will be home from France.
"Good job!" to all of you who are losing!