Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Christmas zigzag WIP... that I am finishing with my NEW BERNINA!!!!! >

My Christmas zigzag WIP... that I am finishing with my NEW BERNINA!!!!!

My Christmas zigzag WIP... that I am finishing with my NEW BERNINA!!!!!

Old 07-28-2009, 08:53 AM

I got my new Bernina 430 on Sunday!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I purchased from the lqs and I already know I made the right decision. She had inadvertantly told me that the walking foot came with it, so she GAVE me one since she had said that. I was so happy, because that was part of the reason I went with the Bernina.

I wrote my name with it right away- LOL! This is my first time with an alphabet in my machine!

I had a quilt top half put together with my old machine (by old, I mean about 1956-57 Brother Flairmatic) and I immediately set the new one up and started sewing. Which was a mistake as I am getting some issues with my rows lining up. But, meh, I can overlook it. This quilt is going to be a wedding gift. I didn't know their decorating style or colors so I went with a holiday quilt. My cousin is the groom and his bride went to art school and teaches disabled adults and also grade school kids. So hopefully she will appreciate the gradient colors here.

I ran out of the white and I had to rip apart two rows to stretch it out. So this quilt will be square instead of oblong, but once again, I can overlook it. Sometimes I get all upset when things don't work out well, but I am so happy about my NEW BERNINA that nothing bothers me this week! LOL!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-16438.jpe  
Old 07-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Power Poster

That is so great, love the quilt and the colors,

hope the excitement over the machine last a long time.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

Congrats on the new addition to your family :wink: 8) and your quilt is a real beauty!!! They will love it :D :D :D
Old 07-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

Lisa Congratulations on the new machine! I have my old record 830 and my newset one the 180. (both bernina's) I love them. I also have a janome memory craft, but I use the bernina's the most. I love the perfect stitch they make.

I know you are going to just love all the feet that work so great on the bernina. They are pricey but, worrth every penny. The #57 foot is my fav to piece with. It has the little fabric guide attached and is a nice foot to own. I have seen it on e bay in one of thier stores for much less than I paid for mine. You might check there before you buy from your dealer.

Again ... I am so happy for you! Enjoy!
Old 07-28-2009, 09:48 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the Bernina family of happy quilters!You are going to love that machine more every time you use it! I totally love my Bernina, and even the thought of trading "her" in for a newer machine (my generous hubby hinted at) brings tears to my eyes....I don't think I could ever give this one up! "She" is like a friend, always doing her best to help make the job easier and so much more fun.

Enjoy and Have fun! :)
Old 07-28-2009, 09:54 AM

Oooh, lovely! Have fun with your new baby.

Kyia
Old 07-28-2009, 09:57 AM

I like like like it! How are you going to quilt it? I have a zig zag to quilt too and was thinking I would just outling the zig zags but would love to hear what you are going to do. :-)
Old 07-28-2009, 10:18 AM

Thank you everyone! :0)

RG- I was already planning to check out e-bay for a BSR possibly in the future. I figured it would cost a lot less there. (If I upgrade to it.)

BW- I was planning to sort of double stitch in the ditch. Like on both sides of the seam. This will be my first time machine quilting an actual quilt so I MIGHT just do a grid. Make it a little easier on myself. I will post pics of the finished quilt later this week. Because I WILL get the thing done. If I can tear myself away from my computer. This board is so addicting. I sit down to post a couple pics... and 2 hours later... here I still sit.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:20 AM

That looks great, sounds like alot of fun getting familiar with the new machine.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:21 AM

Athome- the lqs owner upgraded to a 430, too, but she doesn't use it. She uses her 25 yr old Bernina! She lets the girls at the shop sew on her new one. LOL! I think I am a convert now- this machine has to last until my boys are done with college. And the older one is starting kindergarten in a month. I fully expect it to.