Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW >

2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

Old 04-30-2014, 05:11 PM

Default 2015 Stars Group

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
You are very welcome. I echo all your comments about the blocks. I can't jump in until next year. Maybe you & I should start a new thread for 2015. (You will be ahead instead of behind. haha! I'll just be starting.) That will give everyone who didn't start this time a heads up that there will be another chance to do these wonderful blocks. I'm thinking about embroidering the name of each state on the block as I do them. This would make all of them directional which is something I am having to think about. I don't know if I want to add that to the mix of putting them together.
SIGN ME UP! I am so inspired by all of the ladies work this year, I am trying to clear lots of stuff off my UFO list to be able to start this!

Barb if you do a layout plan on your blocks before you embroider them, I bet you could work it in....plus wouldnt it be neat to "hide" the name inside a piece, somewhere on each one?? Just my .02. I am working on a quilt that has lots of embroidery in it and I am so enjoying this little bit of hand work again. I have a Moda tin bucket that I take with me to work every day and during my breaks and lunch hour, I get a few stitches in nearly every day. Embroidery was my first craft, at age 7, but I havent done much of it since I started quilting!
Old 05-01-2014, 02:52 PM

Plumtree I love your blocks but my favourite would be the colour wheel, absolutely stunning..

Welcome qltgrose just post your blocks when you are ready
Old 05-02-2014, 05:22 AM

What a terrific idea! Let's keep this going, Y'all jump in anytime! We just posted Kentucky. Afterall, all 50 blocks can be completed at any time during the year, not just December. And then there will be weeks of deciding how to put it together. I'd love to see the progress as they are completed. Afterall, I may be doing one that's more controlled next time.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:56 PM

Hi
I am glad that I am in front as I have not had time to sew in the past couple of weeks, with work and dad in hospital and running mum around. Now work has settled down and Dad on the mend, so back to sewing tonight and hunting down 2 colours that I am running short on..
I love looking at everyone blocks and the colour combinations, Mirabelle I love your red, black and white it is going to look great when finsihed.

Here is my Louisiana block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]474536[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 18.louisiana.jpg  
Old 05-05-2014, 12:46 AM

Louisiana all finished, now I have to get organised and finish a few more
Attached Thumbnails louisiana.jpg  
Old 05-05-2014, 05:19 AM

Here's my Iowa block. Maybe I'll get caught up in a couple of weeks. Not sure why it's so washed out. the colors are much brighter. The center print that looks yellow is actually a yellow green. More green than yellow with shades of dark yellow and blue.
Attached Thumbnails iowa.jpg  

Last edited by MaggieLou; 05-05-2014 at 05:23 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:07 AM

Here's Louisana, just when I thought I was getting a hang of paper piecing.[ATTACH=CONFIG]474606[/ATTACH]I never noticed the mistake till now. Oops.
Attached Thumbnails 18-louisana.jpg  
Old 05-05-2014, 07:35 AM

Some more pretty blocks this week! I just got done printing the rest of my papers out for blocks Maine through Wyoming. Has anyone printed Oregon? For some reason the Foundation Factory shuts down when I try to print it out...strange! I don't know that I will need all 50 stars, so it isn't a big deal...just curious if anyone else had trouble. Oh and I have the "Mac" version.

Going out to the clubhouse now to cut fabrics for Louisiana. I have a couple hours before I need to take MIL to an appt.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:10 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]474670[/ATTACH]Here is my Louisiana.
Attached Thumbnails louisiana.jpg  
Old 05-06-2014, 05:15 AM

nygal, when I see your black background along with MaggieLou's starry background. I can only think of the song, " Starry starry night". Love it!