Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nominate this season's worse tv commercial >

Nominate this season's worse tv commercial

Nominate this season's worse tv commercial

Old 12-09-2013, 09:36 AM

Default Nominate this season's worse tv commercial

Every year there seems to be at least one holiday ad that makes my teeth itch. My nomination goes to the well known car commercials featuring Michael Bolton this year. I am not a Michael Bolton hater by any means, in fact I've been to one of his concerts. There are four different ads feature MB but there is one ad in particular where it sounds more like he's trying to pass a kidney stone than singing. Hubby and I have purchased this particular brand of vehicles six different times. Last night when the ad came on, he muttered "these ads are so obnoxious, I'd be forced to buy anything but another H&*@a! With a little luck, they won't be re-run next year. Obviously we both need to find a life!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Power Poster

So many of these commercials just make no sense. I dislike all of them and please, how about the boxer jingle bells! I'm not a prude but come on.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:30 AM

DH saw one last night, I missed it and it didn't come on again, said it looked like a Christmas ornament stabbed the wooden solder with a knife. Not sure he saw what he thought he saw, but who knows!! The funniest one I've seen in a while is the guy running through the forest with a bag , chasing a turkey, yelling, "Get in the bag, get in the bag".. He runs right into a tree. I laugh every time I see it.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:34 AM

I would have to vote for the Boxer one also!
Old 12-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
So many of these commercials just make no sense. I dislike all of them and please, how about the boxer jingle bells! I'm not a prude but come on.
to me, this one is so rude, crude, and socially unacceptable
Old 12-09-2013, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
DH saw one last night, I missed it and it didn't come on again, said it looked like a Christmas ornament stabbed the wooden solder with a knife. Not sure he saw what he thought he saw, but who knows!! The funniest one I've seen in a while is the guy running through the forest with a bag , chasing a turkey, yelling, "Get in the bag, get in the bag".. He runs right into a tree. I laugh every time I see it.
It was revenge. The Nutcracker showed up uninvited to Mr. Peanut's house and apparently had previously taken a bite out of Mr. Peanut's head.

If you liked the one with the man chasing the turkey, there's another going on. Believe it's the same man running down a hill with a cut Christmas tree and a bear chasing him. Think he's yelling "I got the tree - OPEN THE DOOR".

It's obvious I need to do more quilting and less t.v. watching.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:42 AM

I agree with the one of the man yelling open the door with the bear chasing him, makes on sense but I'm sorry, I like the boxer shorts one. My grandson and I laughed like crazy. They aren't pushing you to buy things; just doing the music. Yes, its a little suggestive but I've seen worse on most of the tv shows or in the store while shopping. The reasons why commercials are made to either be really liked or not liked and some make no sense is because those are the ones you remember. I don't remember ever seeing the one where MB sings poorly but this one; I'll remember and it makes me laugh.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:44 AM

I also nominate this one as the season's worst -
Old 12-09-2013, 11:47 AM

This one is has pushed the envelope to vulgar! I could not believe what I was seeing.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:04 PM

I agree. I could hardly believe what I was seeing, so I had to watch it again. And again. And again. And again... I wish I could download it so I could critique it properly late at night when no one is around to interrupt me. Really, people, it's just meant to be tongue in cheek (oops, there I go, pardon the pun), and I find it less offensive than the ones that imply you are only thoughtful if you go out and buy a car for someone, or the Wally World ads for a store that doesn't pay its employees enough to be able to go out and buy a Thanksgiving turkey, let alone Christmas gifts.