Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nominate this season's worse tv commercial >

Nominate this season's worse tv commercial

Nominate this season's worse tv commercial

Old 12-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

I am tired of the Halo oranges one with men asking their children if they can have an orange and the child goes into a rant of why he can't. duh! as far as getting on the air, I wondered the other day when going through the t.v. guide lists how in the world names of some shows and movies get passed. WE evidently have no censors any longer. Sad but true. free something....
Old 12-12-2013, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by bibi View Post
While I agree with the MB one as being irritating, I think the one I find most offensive is the one about a girl sitting on santa's lap and she likes fashion, but the commercial is about a car. It looks totally inappropriate to me and I question what kind of relationship between santa and females the ad suggests.
That's the one I hate, too. The kids are too old to believe in Santa, and too young to need a car. I think it's very creepy, too. There's also a young boy who sits on Santa's lap. I can't imagine an advertising meeting where this is the BEST idea! I also hate local commercials with the business owner's children in them. I will intentionally not buy something from those advertisers just because I hate the commercial. Love the jingling jockey shorts, though.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:18 AM

OK, if you are offended by Joe Boxer ads, here is one that will really flip your lid (from Australia, I think) - I thought it was HILARIOUS!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkmeoYKYctw
Old 12-13-2013, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Diannia View Post
The Best Buy commercial that has a guy reading the poem "The Night Before Christmas" but instead of saying and "all through the house" he says "all through the hood". I'm sorry but I don't live in a HOOD and I find it offensive.
I have not heard this commercial, but I agree I too am offended. I do not live in the hood. It's bad enough to take Christ out of Christmas, now there is an attack on the basic Christmas stories as well.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:12 AM
Power Poster

And hardly anyone had a problem with the victoria secret
Old 12-13-2013, 08:43 AM
Power Poster

Had to watch the Joe Boxer ad on youtube after readiing all the commenys about it.

The guy on the left seemed to be the least flexible. The guy in the gold shorts seemed to get most of the action and had the best hip swings.

There are other commercials I find to be a Lot more offensive and/or annoying than that one.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:01 AM

Yeah, the gold shorts had the best booty shaking. Hehehe, it still makes me giggle. Yes, I have the maturity of a 12 year old.

Honestly, it cracks me up HOW offended people are about the ad. It's REALLY not that horrible. It might be lacking in taste, but they're fully covered, and it's an old, old, old joke idea. It's hardly the worst thing on television. It's really, really not. I can turn the television on and find far more tasteless programs/commericals without trying. Turn on the CW channel, it's all going to be worse. But, there's the vast moral outrage about men wearing boxers and shaking a bit. I just don't see it, if we are going on morals - let's discuss the diamond ads. Let's discuss the alcohol ads. Let's discuss VS ads and shows. Let's discuss the cleaning ads that make men into helpless pigs who wallow in mud then run through the house and the home improvement ads that make women into delicate morons who don't know the right end of a screwdriver and any of the twenty million ads that turn the children into the family dictator. Let's discuss the fact that ANY ad with a female over the age of 18, she must be sexy as all get out, doesn't matter if you are selling cleaning products, insurance or bras - she's got to be sexy, but then go out in public that sexy - or even half that sexy - and you are an unrepentant slut who is asking to be raped.

So, yeah, I have outrage on commericals, and a lot of them. Men shaking their hips in boxers isn't noteworthy.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
OK, if you are offended by Joe Boxer ads, here is one that will really flip your lid (from Australia, I think) - I thought it was HILARIOUS!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkmeoYKYctw
That is SO FUNNY!! I was crying when they got to the caulk!!
Old 12-13-2013, 07:09 PM

Arggggh! The Kmart commercial for Joe Boxer with the men wearing boxers and bells on their "stuff!" I absolutely hate that!
Old 12-13-2013, 10:08 PM

I don't think they're actually wearing the bells.

Think back to these-isn't it time there's a sexy guy commercial on?
http://youtu.be/UIy12101Ajc
http://youtu.be/UsfNXj9s-iY
http://youtu.be/JiO06OL_-BA

or any Victoria's secret commercial