Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's next? >

What's next?

What's next?

Old 12-29-2013, 08:15 AM

My plan is getting projects done. I have many UFO's & quilts cut out. Need to finish!!! I did finish a rag quilt yesterday so I'm on my way.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:00 AM

Our first grandbaby is due last of March so I am going to do an autograph quilt to take to daughter's baby showers to have her friends sign then I will bring it home and heat set it. Saw the idea on BHG website. This week we are making a skirt for the crib and some odds and ends for the baby's room. A girl is expected so what fun will that be.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:07 AM

I'm trying to finish up a quilt for my brother, then must shop for the fabrics for a quilt my older daughter has asked for and dig through my stash for fabrics to make another Mariner's Compass quilt for my granddaughter. Then, I can do some stuff for our new home and dress it up.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:12 PM

I'm almost done quilting our king-size Christmas quilt (3 rows left plus binding,was supposed to be done for this year LOL!). I am in the LQS Tula Pink 100 City Blocks sampler -started Sept 2013, need to get a quilt done for our son (he already picked pattern and fabric this year), need to make table runner for my mom (she picked pattern and fabric on our visit before Christmas), and then try to go back to working on my other UFOs before more projects come along to distract me (LOL!).
Old 12-29-2013, 09:16 PM

I plan to finish up some projects I have started but put aside to do something that looked more exciting. You notice I said some and not all. LOL
Old 12-29-2013, 09:28 PM

I'm going to make one for myself, too! I think I know just about enough now that I will be able to stand seeing it on a daily basis (I hope)! This will be a winter quilt from some Moda fabric I bought half price. Just need to settle on a pattern - maybe an Irish Chain. Are they fun to do? Going to start it as soon as I clean up and organize my sewing room...really!
Old 12-29-2013, 09:38 PM

I've signed up for 3 Crafty classes. Precision quilting, Pixel Quilts, and Block of the Month. I paid for the first but the other two were free. Just started cutting and sewing yesterday,
Old 12-29-2013, 09:47 PM

I'm making a quilt for my niece. She's been very specific. She wants a full sized quilt that is mostly pink and blue, but doesn't look like a baby's quilt, and is in fact a little bit masculine looking. YAH! What I've selected is a variation on the Fence post, where one set of strips is set next to a fussy cut square, and so on. I've selected all batiks so it wouldn't have any particular feminine or masculine attributes to the fabric. I think it's my best choice for this particular girl.

And, you know, I'd love to make a quilt for myself! I've never done that. I'm going to make that project #2 for the New Year!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:04 AM

First and foremost, I owe my oldest grandson a quilt! Have the pattern, just need to make it since I promised that I would start as soon as Christmas was over! Long story about his baby quilt.....makes me mad just to think about it!

Then, I need to make a quilt for a great, great man that I need some ideas for! He has been a huge blessing in my grandbabies lives. It is the only thing I can think of to do to show him how much this means to me as their Nanni <3.

Then for #3, I would love the make the HOPE/ribbon quilt for GS2's oncologist. #4 ~ have a graduation quilt to make for May.

Then start on Christmas, this year was dad, FIL, and 3 sisters. Next year, step-mom & DIL.....and then the next tier of nieces and nephews is just too much for this year! I wish I was that fast!!!!!