Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Grace SR2 - Reviews? >

Grace SR2 - Reviews?

Grace SR2 - Reviews?

Old 12-31-2013, 06:43 AM

Default Grace SR2 - Reviews?

Do any of you have the Grace SR2 quilting frame? Would love to read some reviews on this frame.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:14 AM

I have it set up in queen size. I've just completed my first quilt on it.

I like that the frame is in metal. I believe that the carriage has a nice and smooth movement.

The poles that hold up the bars are not very sturdy. That means that they don't lock in place exactly. Turning the bars is not that easy. I have a part which must have had a issue in the mold. It has a small nob which makes it stick at the same position every turn. It has become better with some use.

Apart from that I guess it is a good frame! In heinsight I should have gone for a bigger frame because now I'm thinking I might want to upgrade to a real long-arm in the future. The frame will not accommodate anything bigger than a 13" throat machine. I don't think I can get a deal of having a complete frame transported in that way from the US again...

I don't mind that the frame only has one bar for the backing and one pick-up bar. It kept my feet warm though.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:51 PM

I don't have a Grace SR2 but I do have a frame built by Grace Company - the Bernina Frame. I have never owned any other frames so I can only speak from my experience with this one. The machine glides over the bars smoothly. Fastening the leader cloths to the bars is done by velcro and it was difficult to get the velcro strips straight so I adjust when I attach the quilt to the leaders. Also, I'd like a smaller side clip (to put tension on the sides of the quilt). My clips are rather large and when I do a king size quilt, they get in the way. I have added the Red Snapper fastening system and it's pretty good to attach quilt quickly.

If I was rich and had to do it over again, I'd get a system that is all integrated - frame, machine etc. that go with one another.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:30 PM

Happy New Year to all. I have a question on the leaders on the sr2. For Christmas my hubby got me the crib/ queen size frame but I received the leaders for the 11ft bars.I will need to cut then down but I do not know why in the tutorial she measures from one end in 18 inches. Most of my quilts are at least a queen. This is my first frame and no instructions to help understand. I hope I am making sense and I know this board has helped a lot of people. Thank you for all your help.