Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Less Than 20 Days >

Less Than 20 Days

Less Than 20 Days

Old 01-04-2014, 05:06 AM

I do not have my machine set up in a permanent location therefore, I don't sew every day. In fact, we had guests for dinner last night so in order to work on the drapes I am making for son, I will have to set everything back up on the dining table. I am envious of those of you who can sew daily...
Old 01-04-2014, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I wish I could sew as much as you. I have no reason why I don't. I don't work away from my home. I think I'll put a calendar in my sewing room and mark it every day I go in there and work, even if it's just organizing my sewing room. Thanks for the creative idea. It'll get me into my sewing room more often! And I'll sew more and organize less, I'm sure of that.
I agree! I think it will inspire me to go in there when I don't feel great and just forget about feeling bad. I put 2 new calendars away just yesterday...time to get one out and use it!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:15 AM

Love you idea and have been thinking about this. I'm going to do the same thing. My afternoons will be for quilting! Thanks for the idea.!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:26 AM

Marking on a wall calendar is a great idea, and sew simple! Thanks for such a great idea! Now I need another calendar to track exercising.........
Old 01-04-2014, 05:43 AM

In July 2012, I started an EPP star quilt (ala Jess at Life Under Quilts) and have had sewing in my hands nearly every evening since. In the spring of 2103, I completed the stars for the first one, and started more stars for a 2nd quilt while I waited for Jess' book Quilting On The Go to be released. In November, I finally put borders on the 1st quilt, and now started the finish pieces for the 2nd quilt. At Thanksgiving, I cleaned up the family room of all my sewing things and haven't sewn since. I really need to pull it out again. Sitting for 2-3 hours each evening in front of the TV without something to keep my hands busy is really a waste of time. Thanks for inspiring me to get back to it. My children go back to school on Tuesday (MN Governor has cancelled all school for Monday due to cold temps.) I'll be hitting it hard after they are in school all day again. For now, we'll continue to spend the days putting together puzzles and enjoying one another.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:57 AM

I love this idea too. I found a gorgeous calendar at the local bookstore this year (from this artist http://www.etsy.com/shop/thewheatfield) that I put up in my sewing nook for the first time. I like being able to go back a track what I've worked on.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:09 AM

I just got a calendar from a neighbor - now I know what to do with it. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 01-04-2014, 06:13 AM

I like that idea...i didn't do so well last year, too many distractions an d not enough me time!
Old 01-04-2014, 06:28 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

I find that I get motivated if I have a pattern and an actual project to sew. If and when I am telling myself "I should be sewing" I just don't unless I have the project or measurements in hand. Sometimes I need the directions to give me direction. lol

Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
Although I have the desire to quilt, I'm having a problem getting motivated. Maybe keeping a journal of the days I do make time to quilt will be what I need to get back on track. Thank you for sharing this with everyone.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:34 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

For over 10 years I set up the machine, took it down for dinner and company. I sewed on the kitchen table; no formal dining room. and now the kids are moving up and out, only 1 left at home and I got a sewing room! So, keep your chin up and sew when you can. It will change soon enough.

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
I do not have my machine set up in a permanent location therefore, I don't sew every day. In fact, we had guests for dinner last night so in order to work on the drapes I am making for son, I will have to set everything back up on the dining table. I am envious of those of you who can sew daily...