Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Help, Please!  Desperately seeking info. >

Help, Please! Desperately seeking info.

Help, Please! Desperately seeking info.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:35 AM

Lightbulb Help, Please! Desperately seeking info.

We are getting ready to go to the National Quilt Show in Hampton, VA the end of Feb. It is about a 6 hour drive on the bus. I need some new suggestions for games to play during the long drive. Last year we played Quilt block anagrams,
Plus or minus points to questions asked, See how many words or phrases you can make out of "The Sewing Gallery". We had Bingo for fat quarters but I got too sick to lead it. Can you help with suggestions for this year's tour or know of a website I can find games on that I can print off or copy? I have been so very busy helping the lady that owns The Sewing Gallery this past year that I rarely ever get to use the board anymore. Right now I have a month to make 3 Civil war ball gowns.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:45 AM

A few links on the forum here that might give you some more ideas. http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...p-t141006.html
Old 01-14-2014, 09:54 AM

On the last bus trip I was on we were given a box of supplies to pass around, we chose what we wanted to make name tags for our room mate. I would suggest that packets be made up ahead of time with items so make name tags with. Otherwise the people in the front of the bus got everything they wanted and those at the back had little to work with. There was a prize for the best name tag.

Every one also kept track of the money they spent on quilty things and whoever guessed closet to the amount got a prize. There were 24 women and we spent over $13,000.

On the trip back we each talked about our most favorite item purchased on the trip.

Last edited by Nammie to 7; 01-14-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:05 AM

At our xmas party at the guild this year we played a game that had The words Merry christmas in differ languages listed and 2nd column of the languages had all the different languages and they were mixed up and you had to match them up. You could have Valentine.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:31 AM
Power Poster

How about creating some word search puzzles with quilting related terms? There are lots of free generators on the web. HEre are a couple:
http://www.armoredpenguin.com/wordsearch/
http://tools.atozteacherstuff.com/wo...wordsearch.php
Old 01-15-2014, 09:48 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

I would just become ill if I was reading anything. not a good traveler. so the name badge thing and guessing how much will be spent on the trip are good. and maybe- have fun guessing exactly what time the bus will pull up and stop at your destination. A let's make a Deal scenario-"who can show me a needle" the first one gets a prize. an embroidery hoop, a hexie project etc. you get the idea. I get motion sickness so I would do better with the conversation/interacting games. just me. hope you all have fun!

Oh, I used to use the wordsearch puzzle sites when I had brownies and girl scout troops. big helps. thanks for the links

Last edited by cherrio; 01-15-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:52 AM

Can't think of anything not already mentioned, but I would love to be on that bus! It sounds like a really good time.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:21 AM

On our bus trip to a quilt show we did an auction. Everyone brought a small item, could be something handmade or an item pertaining to quilting which we donated to the "auctioneer". The items were auctioned to the highest bidder which was a lot of fun and the proceeds were given to the bus driver. He was delighted with quite a large tip and we ended up purchasing some neat items.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:59 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Oh, I am so jealous! Those bus trips sound like so much fun. Maybe someday...
Old 01-16-2014, 07:50 AM

My game idea would be "Let's have peace and quiet so I can sleep!", but that's just me! I'm not a fan of bridal or baby shower games either.