Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing....halted! >

Sewing....halted!

Sewing....halted!

Old 01-30-2014, 12:24 PM

If you have your machine in a recessed table and there is even the smallest space anywhere, usually on the right side, sometimes small parts fall in there and hide. It happens to me rather often. Sometimes items are completely hidden under the edge of the machine, which has little feet that allow a bit of clearance under it. You'd think things would fall straight down, but no, they have more fun playing hide and seek. Another thing that can happen if there are metal parts on the foot is that the magnetic pin cushion can grab it and it can hide there among its pin friends. Another thing to try is to go into the room at night and scan the area with a flashlight. Sometimes things that are hard to see in normal light will reflect and show up that way. Good luck finding the missing foot.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:48 PM

Has anyone looked in the freezer?? lol
Old 01-30-2014, 02:55 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Oh gosh.. sounds familiar... Things just up and walk away right when ya need them... Hoping you find your things, and not between the walls.. I recall watching a animated movie 'the Borrowers', Sometimes i wonder if there's truth in that movie.. lol..
Old 01-30-2014, 03:32 PM

I'll check my sewing machine feet - maybe it came for a visit.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:05 PM

I moved last summer and still am not completely settled yet. So, In November I wanted to embroider a label for the baby quilt I made for my nieces baby (waited until after baby was born so I could put the name and birthdate on it). Do you think I could find the dongle for my embroidery software? No dongle - no embroider (I have a Bernina 440 and have to be hooked to my laptop). Got so desperate I bought another (used) copy of the software to get it done. Finally two weeks ago I decided I was going to find it so I could sell the extra copy. I was sure I had put it in either the tub with the software CD and manual or the bag with my laptop, but no ... found it in the rolling bag I moved my machine in. I was sure I had already looked there. Oh, well it's found, the copy I kept was one version higher, and the other copy sold. Things turn up eventually. Keep looking in all the odd places.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:57 PM

Those gremlins have been in my house too -- I'm looking for a USB stick. It is probably right in front of my nose but I can't see it!
Old 01-30-2014, 10:15 PM

I know what happen to your missing embroidery foot. It ran off with my socks that keep disappearing each time I do my laundry.....
Old 01-30-2014, 10:16 PM

I lost my keys about 4 months ago and still haven't found them!! Had to have a new set made. My truck key alone was over 50.00. So, if you have a poltergeist, I must have one too. Glad he doesn't like sewing. Hope you find your parts and get your machine home fast.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:01 AM

In our house we believe there is a black hole that eats all sorts of things that you just know you put up "there" so you could find it again. Never works. And these things are sometimes important to locate Oh well
Old 01-31-2014, 04:05 AM

Great responses eveyone! I will continue the search this weekend. All great tips!

I once "hid" a birthstone ring....never have found it and I looked high and low when packing for a move. Sigh.
i still wonder what I did with that ring!

sandy