Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend this weekend >

Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend this weekend

Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend this weekend

Old 02-18-2014, 07:58 AM

I definitely made progress on my queen sized bedspread UFO (I'd planned to start 3-4 years ago) that I finally took on about 9 days ago. It'll be around 1350 pieces when done. I have 2 more sections to do and the borders. Each section has 104 pieces (if I added correctly). I'll be glad when it's finished as it's been like a marathon! Maybe today I'll get the last two sections done and then begin sewing them together and add the borders later this week. Overall, it's not an exciting pattern (why I've postponed it), it's quite easy (modified log cabin blocks with lots of 2" cornerstones). I'm glad I didn't choose a complex pattern this large to complete in 2 months' time. This is a quilt guild yearly incentive to finish 6 UFO's in a year. This is one of those projects selected by an assigned number of 1-6.
This weekend's marathon has been fun. And to hear of everyone's undertakings provides energy and inspiration. Thanks, all!

Last edited by laynak; 02-18-2014 at 07:58 AM. Reason: word change
Old 02-18-2014, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by RobertaMarie View Post
Still working on my raggy quilt, but almost finished snipping. (whew!) Will post a picture when done. '-)
That snipping is really a lot of work! Be sure to give your hands rests and don't try to do it all at once... They are so cute when done and washed.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:03 AM
amh

I had such great hopes for the weekend. I managed to get my sewing machine out. Then life took a different turn. I'm looking forward to the next one. Hopefully I'll be organized and ready to go.

I enjoyed seeing what everyone was working on and they are all inspiring.

amh
Old 02-18-2014, 11:42 AM

Wow! As always, I'm impressed with the projects being worked on and the progress made over the weekend.

I got sidetracked on a project with family pictures so I didn't get my goals accomplished. I am, however, ready for the next clue for Judy's Mystery train. While looking through some of my nicely organized cut squares(in labeled boxes/bins even), I got disgusted with orphan blocks falling off of the shelf by these bins so I made the following charity top. 2 of the 10 minute blocks were leftovers from a quilt that my niece made a while back. I had a few strip blocks done also. I decided to add a few more of the 10 minute blocks which was a new experience for me. So I used quite a few squares from my stash along with the sashing. The 3 middle long strips were also finished and stacked on some shelves.

I really thought I would have an ugly quilt when I was done, but it grew on me as I was doing it. There was lots of unstitching as I was making it up as I went along. Today, my church group sandwiched and tied it. The backing was brought to the front and will be sewn down later. It measured about 70 by 80. It is hanging crooked.

Thanks, Raggiemom!

Connie
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 02-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

Thank you to Raggiemom for hosting this and for PatriceJ for letting us have it in Main, where we all could easily find it. Til March... quilting on!
Old 02-21-2014, 11:20 AM

You're welcome I already have planned what I'm working on in March--Christmas presents!
Old 02-21-2014, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
You're welcome I already have planned what I'm working on in March--Christmas presents!
Well done you!!! I'm still sorting last Christmas!!!!! Hehe