Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
HELP PE 770 Dowload designs >

HELP PE 770 Dowload designs

HELP PE 770 Dowload designs

Old 02-18-2014, 12:02 PM
Power Poster

Default HELP PE 770 Dowload designs

if you have the brother PE770, can you give step by step instructions
on how to download designs from the internet??? I'm having the hardest time with this.
someone, Please help me.
thanks
Old 02-18-2014, 05:06 PM
Power Poster

someone must have this machine and can help me, PLEASE!!!
Old 02-18-2014, 05:41 PM

I have one but I don't know either - I need to know how to make a quilt label - customize with names for each quilt.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:44 PM

I hope this helps.... First you must have a program that will read the designs like embird. I have sew what pro and love it and the price is a lot cheaper than embird. I don't think it does as much as a program like Embird, but it does everything I need it to and is, IMO, simpler to use. You can try SWP first before you buy it.

So after you buy a design and download it to your computer, you open it in your program (embird, SWP, ect). Then you can save it to a USB. Once it's saved, remove the USB and plug the USB into the side of the PE770.

Hope that makes sense!

PS make sure the designs you buy are PES.

Last edited by Auntevie; 02-18-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:53 PM
Power Poster

Auntevie, after I buy the design, theni get lost. I need a step by step of what to look for and what to type in or the option to choose. Does that make it clearer. thank you so much
Old 02-18-2014, 09:33 PM

Hi Lynnie,

First off make sure the design format is PES. Second make sure your downloads go into one folder.
After it is downloaded to my computer I make a sub folder in my Download folder just for embroidery.
I leave them in there compressed state until after they are moved in my embroidery folder.
Then right click and have them open into their own file ...example....extract to (whichever your design is)

After they are opened I transfer them to a flash drive and keep that near my machine.

I hope this helps....you can PM me if you need more help.

Chase
Old 02-19-2014, 04:10 AM
Swap Hosts

Lynnie, do you know how to find the download folder on your computer?

Here's what I do - everything gets downloaded by following directions on the site I am getting the design from.
I then extract the files if they are zipped. I do this by right clicking on the folder and choosing Extract. I will then delete the zipped file as it is a duplicate of what I've just extracted. In some cases there are files that have been compressed using 7 Zip. These have a .rar extension at the end. You will have to download 7 Zip to your computer - it's free. Then proceed as with conventionally zipped files - right click and, in this case, select extract right here.

For the next step, you'll need a couple of programs. One program that helps a lot is Thumbnailer. This will allow you to see the image of the design you've downloaded no matter what format it's in. You'll have to purchase it and have a disk sent to you as they don't have a download that I know of. It's not expensive at all. You can also use Wilcom Tru Sizer which is free but more cumbersome, I think. I only use it to slightly resize or to convert designs that aren't available in PES format.

So now you have your files in unzipped folders and some means of seeing what they are. The first thing I do is open them and delete everything that is not in my format so my hard drive isn't all cluttered. At that point, I might also rename the folder to something that makes sense.

Under the Libraries area of my computer I created an Embroidery Library. I imported a folder system that is offered for free on one of the embroidery sites or a group. I wish I could remember which one. Maybe someone else knows. I then drag and drop my design into the appropriate folder. If I've downloaded a LOT of files, I unzip as usual and then drag them into a folder named 1 to sort later on. Naming it 1 keeps it at the top of my folder list.

I keep my embroidery files on my computer and I have automatic back up online. Periodically I will also put them onto a DVD-R and transfer them onto a second computer. I only put a design on a stick when I want to use it, although I'm sure I have a few sticks laying around that I've used as back up.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 02-19-2014, 05:12 AM

The easiest way I have found is once you download them...open the file..put in your usb stick ( I prefer to use 2gb) click on your port for the usb and make that window shorter..then click.hold and drag pattern to it
Old 02-19-2014, 07:28 AM

For my cheap Brother machine I bought the Ped Basic that cost $100 and has a card to download to.
If I had to do it again I would buy a machine that takes a CD. But my machine only cost $300 so cant complain.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
if you have the brother PE770, can you give step by step instructions
on how to download designs from the internet??? I'm having the hardest time with this.
someone, Please help me.
thanks
The answers to your cry for help have reinforced my conviction that I love handwork! froggyintexas