Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
HELP PE 770 Dowload designs >

HELP PE 770 Dowload designs

HELP PE 770 Dowload designs

Old 02-20-2014, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Auntevie View Post
I hope this helps.... First you must have a program that will read the designs like embird. I have sew what pro and love it and the price is a lot cheaper than embird. I don't think it does as much as a program like Embird, but it does everything I need it to and is, IMO, simpler to use. You can try SWP first before you buy it.

So after you buy a design and download it to your computer, you open it in your program (embird, SWP, ect). Then you can save it to a USB. Once it's saved, remove the USB and plug the USB into the side of the PE770.

Hope that makes sense!

PS make sure the designs you buy are PES.
Is the Embird software a good investment or is the other program you mentioned better and will it work with the Brother PE-770? The PES software that was recommended by the salesperson has not worked for me since day one. It has been installed and un-installed so many times I've lost count. If I can't find a good software to work with this machine, then I will have to get rid of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:02 PM

CW2007 what is the name of the program that you have been trying to install? I would ask the salesperson for more information or do a search on line to see if you can learn any more about it. Surely there is some kind of phone number or contact information that you could use to get some help with your program.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:39 PM

I have the PE 770, I save the files to my "download" folder I have Windows XP on my computer and that was the way the system was set up so it was easy just to go with that... to get to the folder, in the bottom right hand corner I have a "windows" icon or you may have a "start" button.. I left click on that then I get a pop up menu where I select "documents". Upon selecting document I get a list of folders - there is where I find the "download" folder... you can choose which ever is the easiest method for you to save the files.. I don't have any special programs, I go to my on-line store purchase my design and then download it to my computer.

Bizystiches does a great job of explaining how to "unzip" the files... not all files will be zipped, it depends on the size and number of designs purchased.

Once I have the file unzipped I place one of my flash drives into the an open "usb" port... if you closed your "document/download" list you will want to reopen it... if you scroll further down the listing you will see a folder that says computer, click on that you will see a folder's names with alphabets then a description - you should see one with the name of your flash drive (it may say removable something or other) - that where you ultimately want to put your PES designs.

You will want to go to your design.. find the PES version, right click on the file and a pop up screen appear, left click on copy. Now scroll down the list of folders until you find the alpha folder associated to your flash drive... left click on it once so that is highlighted - then right click ... you will get the pop up window again - there you will left click on paste. You should now see your design populated in this folder.... at that point you may remove the flash drive and put it in your machine... from their you click on the "usb" icon, the machine should then pull up the design on the screen. It took me a few times to get this right - when I started I just tried it with one design until I got it figured out but you can use this method to add multiple designs to your flash drive ... hope this helps and if you have any question PM me and I'll be glad to walk you through ...

Gretchen

Last edited by Gretchen; 02-20-2014 at 09:41 PM. Reason: want to add description
Old 02-21-2014, 03:15 PM
Power Poster

thanks again for the info. didn't get the memory stick today, will go tomorrow and try to get a small memory stick 2gb. then the process of following these instructions will begin. thanks all
Old 02-22-2014, 05:06 AM

You do not need to buy a software program to read designs in order to download from the web. I think what someone meant was a program to allow you to view image of the design icon. If you recognize the info of the icon ( which usually looks like some kind of little page symbol), then you can just transfer to machine or flash drive..and your machine should show you the image. A good program that I have is Embrilliance Thumbnailer (for all formats) and as soon as the design is opened from its zip, you can see what you have. If you choose P E Basic card transfer system, then all your designs become images when you open the program. There are other " ionizers" that you can buy, and some free ones also. Thumbnailer is permanently working & cost me about $40, the free ones have to have the program opened to see your design..like PEBasic. Pm me if you want more info on the free programs. There are many out there....some to get you started before you spend big bucks!
Old 02-22-2014, 05:39 AM

I have PEDBasic. its the easiest way to go. That program lets you SEE your designs and from there, its very easy to select the one you want and move it to the card. Even tho my 770 has a usb port, i don't really know how to use that so i like the card method...one day i will get better at this. Your road-blocks probably lie in the fact that you can't see your design in the folder you made and you may not be unzipping those files. PED jsut makes it very easy but learning to use the USB is better...You would just need to buy or download for free something that lets you view your designs.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by CW2007 View Post
I purchased the same embroidery machine two years ago and still can't download designs from the internet to this day. The software that I purchased, upon the recommendation of the sales person, does not work at all. I have installed and uninstalled the software so many times since I purchased the machine, that I've lost count. Now my machine sits in my closet since I can't figure out how to download anything. I wish I could help you, but maybe there are others who have had the same trouble and have had success in figuring it out osomeone has been able to help them solve the problem.
I would go back to the store and ask for a demo of how to use that software. Most salespeople will do that.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by CW2007 View Post
Is the Embird software a good investment or is the other program you mentioned better and will it work with the Brother PE-770? The PES software that was recommended by the salesperson has not worked for me since day one. It has been installed and un-installed so many times I've lost count. If I can't find a good software to work with this machine, then I will have to get rid of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
CW..I want to help you...I sent a pm. I am so curious why your software does not work, and why you think you need it to download designs. To start ou, you really only need a viewer program so you can actually see image of design on your computer. Is it the operating system of your computer that is confusing you?
Old 02-24-2014, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

I have windws 8. I am totally confused.
I have someone trying to help me, but I have windows 8 and she has something different.
soooo.... I need to download a program to be able to see the design. (is this correct??)

what is a good one to use with windows 8?
I'm too confused to even tell you !!!!
Help, I'm going down really faast here
Old 02-24-2014, 05:12 PM

Lynnie, Bernina has a simple program called "ARTlink 6" to convert designs that is free from their website.

http://www.bernina.com/en-US/Product...ArtLink-Six-en

I have it on my main desktop computer (running Windows 8) to download designs from the internet and save them to use on my machine. When I download designs, I save them to a download directory on my desktop, them open them with Artlink. There are a lot of free designs out there but not always in the format for my machine. This program will open most design formats (use the "open" command but scroll to the bottom of the drop-down box to choose "all design files" (otherwise it will look for .ART format designs), then you can "save as" the format you need, in your case .PES, but also to the drive you want, which would be the USB drive you can stick into you machine.

I have embroidery software on my laptop whis is in next to my machine. (I have Bernina 440 which has to be connected to a computer to embroider) I transfer between the 2 computers via a USB drive.