Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My husband is looking for a mental institution for me ... >

My husband is looking for a mental institution for me ...

My husband is looking for a mental institution for me ...

Old 03-21-2014, 09:13 AM

Default My husband is looking for a mental institution for me ...

Well, I think he is, because he told me last night I need to be committed. I bought a Brother DreamCreator VM5100 last week - I am in L O V E with it! It's a fabulous machine, and I am in heaven. But I told DH that I really want a Pfaff in a couple of years. You would have thought I told him I was considering having my arm removed from my torso and sewn on my head. He asked me why I wanted it and I told him that it has a bigger embroidery area and that I would like to be able to do the larger in-hoop quilting designs that aren't compatible with my Brother. He just shook his head and said something about needing to be committed and that he bet I'd be after that machine next March (I get my bonus in March every year).

Anyway, does anyone have either the Creative Performance or Creative Sensation? I would love to know just how useful the larger embroidery area might be for quilting.

Oh, and maybe he's right about next March ... I could probably sell the 8900 for enough to help pay for the Pfaff, right?
Old 03-21-2014, 09:39 AM
Power Poster

You rock! I have learned not to mention my new machine buying to DH. He will ask the silliest questions like did your other machine break? or Do you have room for another one? LOL He has no care what so ever what I buy for quilting. That makes him a keeper for sure.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:41 AM

I have one of those, he is an enabler!! Course I don't say much about his 3 motorcycles either!
Old 03-21-2014, 09:51 AM

I DID bring up the bikes, and the video games ... and the FOUR consoles scattered around the house, three of which were purchased in the last few months. LOL But it's all in good fun. His attitude is, if we have the money and it's something you really want ... get it! We're very fortunate to be able to use my bonus money for the fun stuff. :-D
Old 03-21-2014, 09:52 AM

I have found comparing machines and other crafting implements to different types of tools like saws and screwdrivers and how you need more than one type of each has been rather effective at getting the point across.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
You rock! I have learned not to mention my new machine buying to DH. He will ask the silliest questions like did your other machine break? or Do you have room for another one? LOL He has no care what so ever what I buy for quilting. That makes him a keeper for sure.
Hah... of COURSE it broke and was cheaper to replace, oh duh! It's the modern disposable-goods economy. Totally believable and could easily be implied rather than stated.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:55 AM

I've got one of those too! He encourages me to outfit my studio. I encourage him to outfit his shop- with 5 motorcycles and tools and who knows what else. At least he has any tool needed to fix something!
Old 03-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Power Poster

I just buy a machine when I decide to. My stuff is cheaper than all the lawn machines he buys. I could buy the most expensive machine out there and still have money left over.
I am happy with my two straight stitch only machines that I use all the time. They are all I need.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Skylark53 View Post
I have found comparing machines and other crafting implements to different types of tools like saws and screwdrivers and how you need more than one type of each has been rather effective at getting the point across.
I like this one!
Old 03-21-2014, 11:50 AM
Power Poster

My Dh complained when I bought the 401 couple months back but when I'm one or the other, he grabs a chair and says I need to do this or that. Tell me we don't need another machine because if one of us is on one and the other is broken we need another or two for a back up.
Originally Posted by Skratchie View Post
Well, I think he is, because he told me last night I need to be committed. I bought a Brother DreamCreator VM5100 last week - I am in L O V E with it! It's a fabulous machine, and I am in heaven. But I told DH that I really want a Pfaff in a couple of years. You would have thought I told him I was considering having my arm removed from my torso and sewn on my head. He asked me why I wanted it and I told him that it has a bigger embroidery area and that I would like to be able to do the larger in-hoop quilting designs that aren't compatible with my Brother. He just shook his head and said something about needing to be committed and that he bet I'd be after that machine next March (I get my bonus in March every year).

Anyway, does anyone have either the Creative Performance or Creative Sensation? I would love to know just how useful the larger embroidery area might be for quilting.

Oh, and maybe he's right about next March ... I could probably sell the 8900 for enough to help pay for the Pfaff, right?