Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
A few more quilts - Spring Fling, Twisted 4 patch, and a variation on Yellow Brick Rd >

A few more quilts - Spring Fling, Twisted 4 patch, and a variation on Yellow Brick Rd

A few more quilts - Spring Fling, Twisted 4 patch, and a variation on Yellow Brick Rd

Old 04-17-2014, 07:28 PM

Default A few more quilts - Spring Fling, Twisted 4 patch, and a variation on Yellow Brick Rd

Spring Fling is from Better Homes and Gardens Patchwork and Quilting earlier this year. My motto is if you buy a magazine or ,subscribe; in my case you need to make a quilt from one of the offerings in the magazine. This quilt is hanging over the fireplace for the month of April - maybe May too.
A quilter on the QB named Ranger mentioned the Twisted Four Patch and I finally got around to making it. I had purchased the fabric online for $1.00 a yard and it is super nice RJR Fabric. Now I have a fireplace quilt for the month of June or until a baby girl is born Funny, it was on the blog of a lady in New Westminster, BC Canada - the town right next to where I lived in Canada.
The variation on the Yellow Brick Road quilt in black, "Grinch" green, red and white is a bit mixed up - as I began confused at one point, and cut some 1/2 yards wrong as I was following the directions for fat quarters. No worries it still worked out fine in the end.
Attached Thumbnails full-spring.jpg   close-spring.jpg   twisted-4-patch-large.jpg   twisted-four-patch-close.jpg   variation-yellow-brick-raod-far.jpg  

variation-yellow-brick-road-close.jpg  
Old 04-17-2014, 07:42 PM

Great quilts! Nicely quilted--love the texture of them. Quilts are like hugs!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:52 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Love your quilts!
But what I really appreciate is how you give a full view of the quilts and then a close-up. So often we see only a partial photo here, and that usually leaves me a bit frustrated or confused as to what I'm really viewing Thank you!

Jan in VA
Old 04-17-2014, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
Love your quilts!
But what I really appreciate is how you give a full view of the quilts and then a close-up. So often we see only a partial photo here, and that usually leaves me a bit frustrated or confused as to what I'm really viewing Thank you!

Jan in VA
Thank you that is what I think more often than not also!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:06 PM

Great quilts! I especially like the red and black one. It makes quite an impact.

Leslie
Old 04-17-2014, 09:46 PM

I like them all but my favorite one is the last one...red, black, white, and green! Great job!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:55 PM

I love them all for me the last. One would be tops.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:20 PM

Location: Moved from Missouri to California June2013 have 1 son 2 daughters, all grown and 2 cats

Carslo, you always do a wonderful job on your quilts! I am feeling very impatient to get sewing again but I still have at least 6 weeks, probably longer, and I had such wonderful plans for after the new year! Thank you for the prayers and encouragement it's the only thing that has kept me trying to stay positive! Hope to see you soon, I guess at your home since the kitty's are a definite problem! Wonderful quilts, I love em all!
Old 04-17-2014, 10:20 PM

Lovely quilts. Thank you for sharing.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:23 PM
Power Poster

Very pretty quilts , and great work.