Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt GoNO MORE SALES ANYWHERE! >

Accuquilt GoNO MORE SALES ANYWHERE!

Accuquilt GoNO MORE SALES ANYWHERE!

Old 05-15-2014, 07:51 AM

I have friend who has been an AQ vendor from the beginning. The original vendors agreement was not to discount. However, AQ didn't really hold up their end of the agreement once they allowed vendors like JoAnn's to sell the items at discount prices. Sometimes large retailers were selling AQ products at the same price that it cost the independent vendor to purchase them. As a result some of the independent vendors have dropped AQ. It will be interesting to see where the story goes next. I doubt that AQ has the power to control pricing at Nancy's or JoAnn's unless they pull their products from those places. I don't see that happening, there is to much competition from other cutting systems.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:16 AM

I went to Shoppers Rule.com yesterday when I saw this on the board and bought 8 dies and a big cutting mat for $203 w/shipping. Got some that I've been wanting but hated to pay the full price.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

I doubt Accuquilt loses business. There are too many customers like me that will buy a die they want on sale or not. Those that won't probably didn't buy enough of the product to make a big difference. Those that never have, never will no matter how low the price. The Sizzix quilting die I wanted to try for my Sizzix machine was $59 not on sale. I bought it and used it. I like the Go better so will continue to buy the Go products. Others like the Sizzix best. I rarely base my buying choices on price but which product I like the best.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:27 AM
Power Poster

There are some people that are able to buy whatever they want to whenever they want to.

There are others that have to plan carefully how they use their available funds.

I think "quilting" is in the optional spending category for most people.

It seems that if someone wants an item badly enough - or wants to complete the set - that person will be able to come up with the money for it. And vendors know that.

NOTE: My post and the one above were posted within a minute of each other !

What she says is true - there are those that will buy no matter what the cost - and vice-versa, as far as that goes.

Last edited by bearisgray; 05-15-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:15 AM

I knew a couple days ahead of time that this was coming, and that I would not be able to buy discounted dies after May 14. So I spent some time making a grid of five sites that I've known to offer good discounts. As I got ready to place orders at three of them, I discovered that the prices had increased on every site over the past several hours! Maybe they figured they could make more money with increased demand. I did buy dies at sewforless, and hope that they have in stock what I ordered. (In the past, Shoppers Rule did not have advertised inventory and did not notify me.) Has anyone dealt with sewforless, and how is their service?

I do like the idea that some places may offer clearance item dies. If anyone finds any, would you please post?
Old 05-15-2014, 11:11 AM
Power Poster

I've always found the sites that have clearances are posted on the Links and Resources page.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:27 AM

I really think you are excited for nothing. I have been buying dies for a few years now and I check them out between the various site and when all was said and one, Accuquilt usually had the best price once you add on the taxes and shipping charges. The local Joann's (we have 3 in San Diego) usually carry only basic dies, and they do not allow the coupons to apply to Accuquilt items. When they put them on sale, it is usually in line with Accuquilt. I get emails constantly from Accuquilt for deals - free shipping, so much off, also you get points that apply to future orders.

We want the best price for what we buy - I really don't think that is changing. It is may just even the playing field for the smaller vendors. There is nothing in the notice that states Accuquilt has increased their costs. They will continue to have sales.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
I really think you are excited for nothing.
Best reply so far.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:59 PM

Ijust ordered the 2 1/2" die yesterday at a good price on line knowing that this new policy was coming.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:22 PM

I wanted one of these devices and dies because the arthritis in my hands is making it very painful for me to cut. I've pretty much been priced out of the market but had hoped that this year I could find one on sale. Well there goes that idea! Does anyone have an idea for an inexpensive fabric cutting system?