Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sometimes it's hard to admit who you are - am I nuts? >

Sometimes it's hard to admit who you are - am I nuts?

Sometimes it's hard to admit who you are - am I nuts?

Old 07-14-2014, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

nothing wrong with that!!!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:48 AM

The world needs individuals, please stay the same as you are.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:35 AM

I'd like to come play at your house!! I like those same things.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:49 AM

I understand perfectly, my friend fellow quilters are always after me to elevate my craft, I think I am elevated enough, I do not want to become an "artist" I just want to enjoy what I do and I do.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:09 AM

I know what you mean about your little world. The big world is so overwhelming and to angry, desirous of perfection, non-tolerant. Your world is happy, full of wonder and safe. I like your world, mine is very similar also so I would be happy to share worlds with you. I think that is what the quilting board is all about. Our safe happy sharing and caring world of quilting that likes to make people smile and feel good.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Butterfli19 View Post
I think you hit on it...I'm nourishing the child I never was.

explain: one of those things that life throws on a family - younger brother died (changed our lives), father worked long hours construction in Boston, and I had to help my mother with 3 younger sisters and present myself accordingly. Funny how you look back at things at 30 then at 50 you're whole perspective changes. No animosity there; life is quite the lesson, isn't it?
I totally agree! My childhood wasn't idyllic either, and I still love bright (aka kindergarten, aka 6 of the 8 Crayola colors, minus brown and sometimes black) colors. I please only myself by taking on a challenge and have fun figuring it out. And if along the way, my triangle points aren't perfect or my seam don't exactly match.....I'm OK with that! My family doesn't know enough about quilting to realize how truly "off" my quilts can be and that's a good thing. I feed the child that never got her art sense and creativity fed.....and I'll do it til I can't do it any more!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:21 AM

Congratulations to you for doing your own thing! If you love what you're doing and it makes you happy then full speed ahead. Master quilter? I'll never be one and I don't care one bit. I do the very best job I can and my friends and family, who are the recipients of my projects, are happy with their quilts. That makes my heart sing and I don't want anything more.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:21 AM

Glad to meet you Nancy, I feel the same way about my quilting and embroidery, if it makes me happy or to whom I give it,then that is what counts. Not quilt shows for me I usually won't even post a picture. So keep enjoying your projects, I plan to. just received back one of my first quilts 15 years ago,that I tied and all the ties have broken. Now to repair and put on the Longarm for quilting ,should last at least another 15 years. Happy day
Old 07-14-2014, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

In this world it is important to please yourself first. Whatever makes you happy is all that matters. Not everyone in the world is perfect nor did God intend them to be. It is all about having fun and doing what pleases self. Who are any of us to judge others. You keep on quilting and doing your dolls. You Rock...
Old 07-14-2014, 07:54 AM

Me too and I am 74.