Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Sew Perfect Sewing Tables info >

Sew Perfect Sewing Tables info

Sew Perfect Sewing Tables info

Old 08-04-2014, 11:11 AM

Default Sew Perfect Sewing Tables info

In my quest for a sewing table/cabinet/desk, I read a lot of responses here on the board and considered all sorts of ideas including building, buying and repurposing. In one post, someone had posted a pic of their Sew Perfect Table-thanks and I am sorry I don't recall your QB name but thanks for posting as I had never seen this sewing table option. Although it is not a beautiful piece of furniture, it appeared to be a viable option. I called the company and in doing so learned that this fall they will have hundreds of sewing/quilting stores selling their products. Up until now, I think they had been going to shows and through their website,
http://www.sewperfecttables.com/why-sew-perfect.shtml. They are made in Maine. Horn Sewing cabinets are made in West Virginia now and Koala cabinets are made in USA as well now. Woohoo for manufacturing in USA!!! I wanted you to know of this so if you have been sitting on the fence because when this happens we know the price will go up as the sewing/quilting shops have to "make something" as the middle man. I am not affiliated with the company just thought the info should be shared.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:44 AM

Those are really nice looking tables...I like the steel legs-sturdy! Thanks for the info.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:07 AM

They really look sturdy, just wish I had a place put one. Thanks for sharing I bookmarked the site.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:20 AM

Those prices are crazy for a table. Get a long banquet table for way less, have more space and buy lots of fabric with the money you'll save.
Or put an old door on top of a couple filing cabinets.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by sval View Post
Those prices are crazy for a table. Get a long banquet table for way less, have more space and buy lots of fabric with the money you'll save.
Or put an old door on top of a couple filing cabinets.
I agree...they look like industrial design.....over my budget for sure....but I am sure they will be perfect for some
Old 08-05-2014, 04:56 AM

For this size of a table the SewEzi is great, sturdy table, it has wheels on one end to fold up and take to class or retreats, it has a really nice cover and pocket for the acrylic insert that fits your machine. It is $249. They have a new Grande model too.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:27 AM

Thanks for the information!
Old 08-05-2014, 08:16 AM

I love my sew perfect tables, I have two. They are amazingly stable, height adjustable (the only table on the market that is) have custom inserts for all machines so your machine fits flush , and I think the price is very reasonable for the quality of the table. I highly recommend them.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:18 AM

I think for a sewing table these are very reasonably priced. I have been thinking of getting one (have a couple of others - Horn and Koala) but was looking for a very sturdy one to put my mom's 830 embroidery machine on. Guess I will have to get on the stick. Thanks for the update.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:07 PM

I reside in Maine and know Tony personally. He has a great reputation in the state so I am sure he would stand behind the product. I know the tables are sturdy as I have seen them at local shows. I don't know about the other brands. I bought a '80's cabinet second hand (frugality is rampant in ME!!) that works great for me with a motorized shelf so I can change outmachines and always have an ergonomically correct setting. Good luck with your decision.