Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 11-08-2014, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ View Post
Just took my apple dump cake out of the oven. It smells heavenly. It will be cool by the time I get ready to go to the hole after dinner. I'll be bringing apple dump cake and hard cider.
Yummy! Just bring it over to the big table, in the corner!
Old 11-08-2014, 12:45 PM

My SS Box arrived today from Sewing Santa n Ma ! !I hope you can post photos of it Thanks. NOW!!!!Can I open it ????
Old 11-08-2014, 01:24 PM

Pecan Tassies (mini pecan pie cookies) with Bonus Cookie info
* Note: for the Tassies you need a mini muffin pan -
Dough:
3/4 cup butter - softened/room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teasp salt
1 egg lightly beaten
1 teasp vanilla
2 cups flour
Additional sugar in bowl to roll dough in later

Cream butter and sugar - add egg, salt and vanilla - stir in flour. Chill 30 minutes

Filling: 1/4 cup light Karo syrup - 1/4 cup dark Karo syrup - 1 tablespoon butter, melted - 1 egg - 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed - 1/8 teasp salt - 1 tablespoon flour - 1/2 teasp vanilla - 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans.

Stir together brown sugar, flour, egg and melted butter - add remaining ingredients and stir together. *Stir frequently to keep the pecans well mixed in the filling

Heat oven to 350. Roll dough into balls about 3/4" diameter - flatten - Place in muffin tins and press evenly to form "pie" shell. Fill them about 3/4 full. Bake about 12-15 minutes - turn out of muffin tin onto cooling rack immediately.
Makes several dozen cookies.

BONUS cookie. The above cookie dough is so flexible. You can add anything to it - chopped nuts, raisins, coconut, mini chips, crushed peppermint, butterscotch chips, maraschino cherries --- and change the vanilla to almond extract or a touch of peppermint. You can also press a walnut or pecan half, or a Hershey's kiss in the center of the ball right before baking. Bake on lightly greased baking sheet. This is the one that i do with the DGDs at Christmas....i just make sure i have lots of things to mix in and "stick" in and they take it from there.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:19 PM

Sorry I've been scarce. I'm still here, just been busy.

We do need to figure out what day would be good for Reveal Day. No, it cannot be tomorrow!!
It has to be a consensus. We usually have it the first Sunday in December around afternoonish time.
Think about it and figure it out..........
Old 11-08-2014, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
Pecan Tassies (mini pecan pie cookies) with Bonus Cookie info
* Note: for the Tassies you need a mini muffin pan -
Dough:
3/4 cup butter - softened/room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teasp salt
1 egg lightly beaten
1 teasp vanilla
2 cups flour
Additional sugar in bowl to roll dough in later

Cream butter and sugar - add egg, salt and vanilla - stir in flour. Chill 30 minutes

Filling: 1/4 cup light Karo syrup - 1/4 cup dark Karo syrup - 1 tablespoon butter, melted - 1 egg - 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed - 1/8 teasp salt - 1 tablespoon flour - 1/2 teasp vanilla - 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans.

Stir together brown sugar, flour, egg and melted butter - add remaining ingredients and stir together. *Stir frequently to keep the pecans well mixed in the filling

Heat oven to 350. Roll dough into balls about 3/4" diameter - flatten - Place in muffin tins and press evenly to form "pie" shell. Fill them about 3/4 full. Bake about 12-15 minutes - turn out of muffin tin onto cooling rack immediately.
Makes several dozen cookies.

BONUS cookie. The above cookie dough is so flexible. You can add anything to it - chopped nuts, raisins, coconut, mini chips, crushed peppermint, butterscotch chips, maraschino cherries --- and change the vanilla to almond extract or a touch of peppermint. You can also press a walnut or pecan half, or a Hershey's kiss in the center of the ball right before baking. Bake on lightly greased baking sheet. This is the one that i do with the DGDs at Christmas....i just make sure i have lots of things to mix in and "stick" in and they take it from there.
oooooooooooooh!!!!!
Old 11-08-2014, 03:13 PM

A few people have been talking about Dec 7th which sounds good to me; there has to be that time period for everyone to "wonder over what is in their present".
Old 11-08-2014, 03:17 PM

Love all the recipes all sound great I have a few I make every year one is real easy, one takes a bit. Almond cookies and Date balls. Tonight's dinner is Corned beef and potatoes with Acorn squash on the side. I'll bring some to the hole if there is a rum and coke around.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:34 PM

It's here...it's here.....my SS package arrived today!! It is sooo heavy...have shook it, smelled it, listened to it...did everything but open it! Even my granddaughter was excited when she saw it! Dec 7th is good for me also. Now to finish my box and get it sent before I crawl back into the hole....save some room for me !!!
Old 11-08-2014, 04:42 PM

Ho, ho, ho, it's here, here, here. A plain brown wrapper well decorated with stickers and reminders to not open just MUST be from my secret santa. Looking at the return address, I can see that it didn't come from far away - a short drive down the highway. Maybe we can meet in person one day for a real thank you.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:13 PM

Dec 7th is fine with me....