Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 11-26-2014, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
Kat, You are, what is known at our house as, an INSTIGATOR! lol
or as my Gram always called us.... " a PROVIERCATOR" (her way of pronouncing provocateur)
Old 11-26-2014, 11:18 AM

I woke up to a strange noise this morning and went to investigate. I found DH's cat, Miss Kitty, was shut up in the closet again last night. She was gleefully sharpening her claws on my SS box. Too bad I did not wake up later, she might have got it open! Dang it! It is now on a shelf. DH will not chance my getting any more help from Miss Kitty, who likes to dodge into the closet under our feet and has spent many a night "trapped" by her sense of adventure. Miss Kitty is the "house brat" she is either dodging into cupboards or closets, sneaking up on my dog while he is sleeping, and thumping him on the head and running pell Mel to get under the tables he can't get under, climbing into areas of my home that cats can't reach, (forgot to tell her), and just in general being a joy to live with. She keeps us laughing.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
Quilt Addict and Neesie you two are cracking me up! My SS box had a slightly crunched corner when it arrived and I swear I didn't do anything to it.....(honest!).....but there peeking out of that slightly smooshed corner was a little pink polka dotted bit of fabric with some stitching on it. I told my DH that my box was sticking it's tongue out, taunting me!

I could really sneak a telescopic micro-lens in there..........but I am being a good girl!
It's taunting you!
Old 11-26-2014, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
open it!
Don't listen to her!!! If you open it early, you totally lose your 'Goody-Goody' status!

Goody-Goody,
Neesie
Old 11-26-2014, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
I woke up to a strange noise this morning and went to investigate. I found DH's cat, Miss Kitty, was shut up in the closet again last night. She was gleefully sharpening her claws on my SS box. Too bad I did not wake up later, she might have got it open! Dang it! It is now on a shelf. DH will not chance my getting any more help from Miss Kitty, who likes to dodge into the closet under our feet and has spent many a night "trapped" by her sense of adventure. Miss Kitty is the "house brat" she is either dodging into cupboards or closets, sneaking up on my dog while he is sleeping, and thumping him on the head and running pell Mel to get under the tables he can't get under, climbing into areas of my home that cats can't reach, (forgot to tell her), and just in general being a joy to live with. She keeps us laughing.
Why do cats do that sneaky, thumpy thing? I have a cat who LOVES to sneak up on our dog while he is snoozing and then "Rat-a-tat-tat" machine gun the top of his head with his paw and run off (laughing, I swear it!).

It cracks me up every time. The dog, not so much. lol
Old 11-26-2014, 12:25 PM

Happy Dance, Happy Dance - my Secret Santa box came today - all the way from Oklahoma ! Boy, am I excited ! Thank you, Secret Santa I have shaken it (some - well quite a lot, really) and it does make some thumping noise ( BUT NOT LIKELY SOCKS, NEESIE) -- I AM going to be good (I hope) until Dec. 7th. I know most of us will be busy cooking tomorrow - so if I don't see you on the board - HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL !!!

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
DAGGUMMIT! I grabbed the wrong box!
Old 11-26-2014, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
Oh Yeah....NICE....madamekelly.......blame the poor little kitty why dontcha ?????? I have 3 cats... and they are NEVER on the wrong side of the door !!! Couple of weeks ago, the oldest one spent the entire day closed up in my sock drawer !!
Old 11-26-2014, 01:23 PM

My package came today, too, and also from Oklahoma! Rennie, We must have twin santas... Only mine is from Elf L and my package jingles. My Sassy cat is afraid of bells and hid when I shook it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow quilters and your families.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:51 PM

I can hardly stand looking at my Secret Santa box today!! It just keeps calling my name over & over!! I know that it wants me to open it now & not tell you girls, but I am practicing saying NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO until I am out of breath!! Does anyone know how I can stop this torment!!
Old 11-26-2014, 01:57 PM

So, if my house guest "accidentally" opens my box, is that a bad thing?