Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 12-03-2014, 08:46 PM

Come on Neesie, come out a play with the rest of us.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:30 PM

Checking in and still playing!

I've been spending most of the past few days, trying to make sense of an embroidery digitizing program demo, I downloaded. It seems pretty straightforward BUT most of the time, refuses to play with my machine (Brother PE770). At first I blamed it on user error but now I'm convinced it's a software glitch. Following the exact same save steps, it's worked maybe once in ten tries. It's a fairly simple program and very user-friendly, except for that one problem. It claims the save is successful and the emb. machine will start to load the design . . . then shuts down and restarts itself. Only happens with those files and not any of the purchased or free ones, I've downloaded. Only happens with MOST of the ones from that program . . . but not all. That's the aggravating part! Every now and then, one of them works just fine. Same design, same stitches, same save procedure. The problem seems to happen when I choose the option of cutting the 'travel' thread, between like-color sections. No, the designs are not too large (they're quite small and are mostly outlines, so relatively few stitches). Yes, I'm choosing the proper file extension for my machine. Yes, my USB stick is properly formatted. Yes, the files are being copied properly (been copying/transferring files, for many years). Yes, I've watched the tutorial and read the manual (PDF online). The aggravating thing is that SOMETIMES it works just fine, so I keep trying. I'm determined to figure out what the trigger is, that makes the difference.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:33 PM

Tomorrow, I really, really need to do some sewing. Got so caught up in the label designing, I've been neglecting the quilts!
Old 12-04-2014, 07:24 AM

Neesie, I've been reading about your act of kindness. Just wanted to say, You Rock!

One more quick suggestion for your computer problem. You might want to re-boot your computer before you start working in that program and only have that one program open when you work in it. Re-booting would mean shutting the computer completely down and unplugging it for about 20 seconds, then plugging it in and turning it on.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:35 AM

Yay, It's HERE!!!! My secret santa package arrived! Thank you!!!!!
Old 12-04-2014, 08:42 AM

Woke up this morning to rain. I mean monsoon type rain! It NEVER rains in Arizona in December! BEWARE, it doesn't matter where you are east of me . . . it's on its way to you and I'm betting it won't be rain. Time to go to the grocery store and get milk and bread.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
Woke up this morning to rain. I mean monsoon type rain! It NEVER rains in Arizona in December! BEWARE, it doesn't matter where you are east of me . . . it's on its way to you and I'm betting it won't be rain. Time to go to the grocery store and get milk and bread.
I'm in southern NM and I am thinking it'll still be rain when it gets here, but we usually get at least one dusting of snow a year. So, maybe......

Gloomy and gray outside, perfect sewing weather (or napping!).
Old 12-04-2014, 10:26 AM

Hi Guys,

Lots going on over here and my brain is like a sieve.... could somebody remind me when and what time opening is????? Oh and if somebody could tell me what time it will be in the UK so I don't open too early.

Hugs

Caroline
Old 12-04-2014, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by mhcpa View Post
Yay, It's HERE!!!! My secret santa package arrived! Thank you!!!!!
I'm a little curious how many are still waiting on their package?
Old 12-04-2014, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ View Post
Neesie, I've been reading about your act of kindness. Just wanted to say, You Rock!

One more quick suggestion for your computer problem. You might want to re-boot your computer before you start working in that program and only have that one program open when you work in it. Re-booting would mean shutting the computer completely down and unplugging it for about 20 seconds, then plugging it in and turning it on.
Thank you, but please no more praise . . . or I'll be too embarrassed to do anything else!

About the rebooting, 'been there, done that.' Rebooted both computer and machine, several times. However, I went over so many of the routines so many times, I honestly don't remember what actually produced the good saves. Will reboot again and pay attention to the immediate results. Thanks!