Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo >

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Old 10-03-2014, 07:09 AM

no,using cake squares, we get more on our plates! Never said this was a diet train ride. LOL

Well, i have been looking for a download for the pinwheel pattern but all I can find are patterns to purchase. If anyone knows where to find the download, could you please let me know?

And now I am off to class. When I get home will be canning the apple butter that has been cooking away all night in the slowcooker. Made the applesauce yesterday and then just let everything cook overnight. Fabulous way to make it, never burns this way. We will all have fresh raisin cinnamon bagels with cream cheese and apple butter for breakfast tomorrow morning. By the way, this is my all time faborite breakfast.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
no,using cake squares, we get more on our plates! Never said this was a diet train ride. LOL

Well, i have been looking for a download for the pinwheel pattern but all I can find are patterns to purchase. If anyone knows where to find the download, could you please let me know?

And now I am off to class. When I get home will be canning the apple butter that has been cooking away all night in the slowcooker. Made the applesauce yesterday and then just let everything cook overnight. Fabulous way to make it, never burns this way. We will all have fresh raisin cinnamon bagels with cream cheese and apple butter for breakfast tomorrow morning. By the way, this is my all time faborite breakfast.
LOL!

As far as I know, there is no free download. This link is an 8 page PDF download and costs $10.00, but at least you don't have to buy an entire book. http://store.marthapullen.com/pinwhe...e-quilt-pattrn

Great way to make applebutter! Who'd a thunk?
Old 10-03-2014, 08:04 AM

Since everyone is showing their fur babies, here are mine. The calico (Callie) is on her little quilt I made for her. Coco is the orange one who weighs 18 lbs. She thinks she's a person.
Attached Thumbnails callie-quilt.jpg   coco.jpg  
Old 10-03-2014, 08:13 AM

Recipe for the crock pot apple butter please???
Old 10-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

Default My Crooked Square

Here is my first of the star blocks surrounded by the first hst blocks. My star is not the best. Please don't look to closely. Also we had a very pretty double rainbow last night just before the sun set. The colors in my blocks are so off in the picture. The off white is a pale tan and the light brown surrounding the star is really pumpkin. a very bright rusty orange color. Oh well I tried ladies. I need to make 5 more star blocks.
Attached Thumbnails dsc02795.jpg   dsc02801.jpg  
Old 10-03-2014, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
Are they served on charm squares? Sorry, couldn't resist.

I finished squaring up the HSTs for the scrappy one, so I am more than ready for the next clue. My quilt inspector got bored with the HSTs, so decided to take a nap. I've never seen a cat sleep on her nose before, but then again, Winnie is a calico....
She should be in a fabreeze commercial .........
Old 10-03-2014, 09:43 AM

Not long now!
Old 10-03-2014, 11:31 AM

http://www.pickyourown.org/applebutter.htm#.VC73lM9ALL
APPLE BUTTER RECIPE

this is the recipe I have used for the past 8 years. Follow the basic safety rules you already know about for canning. This isn't like regular jelly/jam where you pour the boiling jelly/jam into jars and seal. Since it isn't boiling, you need to use a hot water bath. I start making apple sauce in the afternoon, so that it is in the crock pot by about 4:00, I start it on high for about 3 hours and then switch to low. My crock pot only has the 2 settings. i let it cokk until between 8 and 11 a.m. ity all depends on how wet your applesauce was to start with. Just cook until it is as thick as you like. You cannot overcook this.

I don't make their entire recipe. l buy a mix of 15 pounds of apples and it makes enough applesauce to fill my large crock pot. Leave enough room when filling the pot to add your sugar and spices and then you can fill it up more. Or wait until it cooks down and add in the morning as their recipe calls for when you add the rest of the sugar. This is absolutely delicious, and really is easy.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:35 AM

Belfry - duh, I'm an idiot. Was foolishly looking for a free download.

honchy - hope you try the apple butter recipe. I remember my mother making it when I was a kid, on the stove top with constant watching and stirring to make sure it didn't burn. And on a burn note - one year I thought I could save some time, and I filled the big crock pot with the sugar and spices and put the quart that was left in the little one I used to make pot roast in. Walked away for a half hour, and came back to almost-burnt applesauce, was stating to carmelize on the bottom of the pan. That little beast was just to hot to cook down the applesauce.

lawson - good try! Your star looks perfect to me.

Last edited by paintmejudy; 10-03-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

Thank you Judy. I bet your house smells so good and homey when making the butter. I quit make butter maybe 5 yrs ago. My husband doesn't eat much of it and I was doing all that work for other people. I just picked 2 -5 gal. buckets of apples. They are Johnathan and Red Delisious (misspelled) Look pretty good this year. I'm gonna can some apple pie filling and make a apple crisp. Have a good evening everyone.