Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo >

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Old 10-26-2014, 12:55 PM

Lawson, I vote for the one with the dark brown border, its more like a nice picture frame, says to me I'm done the pumpkin looks like it wants another border.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:01 PM
Power Poster

well you mentioned some duds so I think mine is a bit of a dud. Maybe a border will add to it. Went to JA's today to get a brown for another block for a board member. all of their calicos, the ones on the wall are 50% off so I got a red pindot for my backing really cheap. Maybe after the borders are on it will pop some. Love looking at everyone's great quilts.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Cindy, I knew I would love it finished. I don't blame you for keeping it. Well, I made my corner blocks and laid out 2 different borders. One has the last strip in brown dot like what is in the corner block.The other is done with pumpkin repeated for the last strip. Please give your opinion of which looks best. I used scraps for the borders and are not neccessarily the width I will use. Please leave your honest opinion . I will only cry for 2 weeks if you hurt my feelings. Just kidding.
I am always different than everyone else. I really like the second picture with the pumpkin on the outside also. I think the reason I am drawn to it is that it is brighter.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:22 PM

I agree with sadiemae, I like the second photo the best also! Beautiful quilt, either will work great!
Old 10-26-2014, 02:17 PM

There are so many lovely quilts! I'm in love wirh each one. This is an amazing pattern! I have my corners done but not much sewed together. I was babysitting the grand baby yesterday and I've been sick today. I think I caught my granddaughter's cold.

Old 10-26-2014, 02:41 PM

Thanks for the kudos! Lawsonmugs....my vote is #2. It just makes it bright & cheery. All of these are just coming out so great! Can't wait to see the rest!!
Old 10-26-2014, 03:02 PM

The most remarkable thing about each and everyone is what a strong statement they make. So different but each and everyone is so amazing! Having a little problem with mine. Can't seem to get a couple of the colors to look like they fit in, thinking I need to put the borders on and hope that pulls everything together. Think adding a third border like others have done might help. Lynnie don't give up, I bet yours is great. Show us pictures.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

mine is black white and red with grey too, maybe it will good when done. I'll have Jeanne59 take pics for me on Tuesday.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:41 PM

Mary, I like the brown border and the brown dot.

Nice white, red, black and grey quilt, quiltingnd!
Old 10-26-2014, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
The most remarkable thing about each and everyone is what a strong statement they make. So different but each and everyone is so amazing! Having a little problem with mine. Can't seem to get a couple of the colors to look like they fit in, thinking I need to put the borders on and hope that pulls everything together. Think adding a third border like others have done might help. Lynnie don't give up, I bet yours is great. Show us pictures.
I found the same thing with mine! The two fabrics kind of mesh together - don't really do a favor for each other, both too busy! I switched the fabrics around the stars to the other side, and I think it helps a lot! That meant I had to take the corners apart and re-do them. It pulled the eyes toward the outside of the quilt. I love the pattern, just the wrong fabrics next to each other.

Quiltingnd - that quilt is just beautiful. I really love it!