Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Kuerig coffee maker >

Kuerig coffee maker

Kuerig coffee maker

Old 10-30-2014, 10:04 AM

Default Kuerig coffee maker

I have had one for about a yr now.....the smallest one...does not have a reservoir. Anyway, also have the little containers where you put in your own coffee (6) instead of buying prepackaged.......I usually fill them all, keep in little shelf unit I bought for that reason...then wash as I go and keep filling as I go...anyway. This morning a brainstorm! Added a pinch of cinnamon to each as I filled with coffee grounds.....thinking wonder what else I could add...international coffee powders, powdered creamers.....has anyone else come up with some interesting mixtures.....I do, occasionally splurge and buy the prepackaged, but that can get mighty costly.......
Old 10-30-2014, 10:17 AM

I have used Keurigs in office for ages. Never had luck with DIY as people leave a big mess. But it might be fun to do cinnamon as you suggested, pumpkin spice, instant hot chocolate, pulverized vanilla bean or hazelnuts, ground pecans and then add honey instead of sugar, caramel candy, peppermint candy (or stick a stick in the coffee) ...
Hmmmmm yum!
Old 10-30-2014, 10:21 AM

My husband bought me a Keurig for Christmas last year. It lasted for 4 months. Now I'm back to my 20 year old Mr. Coffee that is still working.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:48 PM

I have a Mr Coffee Keurig. Love it.
sandy
Old 10-30-2014, 05:24 PM

Hmmm
how about nutmeg, I wonder what powdered cocoa would taste like? Try some pumpkin pie spice too.

Let us know what you come up with and how it comes out
Old 10-31-2014, 03:13 AM

Try hot chocolate mix!
Old 10-31-2014, 03:14 AM

I have the little Kuerig like yours that my children got me for Christmas last year. I also use the refillable pods. I never thought of adding cinnamon. I like to grind my coffee fresh and it took a bit to find just the right consistency that the Kuerig likes but once I found that no problem. I like flavored coffees so will try the bit of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to the mix.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:02 AM

I have the little Kuerig in my sewing room and I have the refillable pods. I will definitely try some of the above suggestions. I love the flavored coffee's and I often buy the beans from the bulk bins at the grocery store, grind my own and store them in ziploc bags. I love trying all the flavors and you can buy just a scoop to try it out. The decaf beans are great too. My husband uses the Bunn in the kitchen for making is coffee, its like mud, yuck!
Old 10-31-2014, 06:10 AM

Call the company - they may send you a new one. Mine died and when I called they said it was still under warranty. The only thing I had to do was send them the cup holder thingy and a brand new machine arrived at my door. I love my Keurig - have one at home and at work - and I was VERY impressed with their customer service. Give it a try.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:19 AM

...yes.....I know I have some pumpkin pie spice in my spice rack....when I used to bake.........I will try that in my second cup this morning........it was snowing here this morning....boohoo!!!!!