Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Year In The Sewing Room >

New Year In The Sewing Room

New Year In The Sewing Room

Old 01-06-2015, 07:01 AM

I had to do that after family left. We gave our son, wife, two kids and their German Shepherd our huge Master, and my DH and I and our two Golden pups took the guest room. Had to move out the desk, and dresser to make room for the two cages though. You guessed it, it all went into the sewing room, along with our clean and dirty clothes, our gifts which couldn't be put away, etc. So.........before I could do anything constructive, had to put everything back. Finally working on quilting two baby quilts, one for our vet and the other to be put away to have on hand.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:05 AM

I honestly have to say if it's YOUR sewing room, what business of his is it if the room is messy? Fortunately, one can't see my sewing r oom from the rest of the house, so it's my mess and my job to clean up. He needs to bugger off!
Old 01-06-2015, 09:15 AM

Creative clutter is better than idle neatness!
Old 01-06-2015, 11:42 AM

Just had the kitchen remodeled - why is this important?- because I sew on the dining table and I am suffering severe withdrawls from my sewing machine (been put away since before Thanksgiving). I rejoice at my new kitchen, the chance to reorganize and cull all the stuff collected over 48 years. But Joy! I am almost done and the thought of organizing my sewing leaves me dizzy! I plan to revel in the mess I know I am going to make as soon as I uncork the fabrics. Someone once said: A clean desk (translate to sewing area) is the sign of an unhealthy mind. Boy, do I plan on being healthy!
Old 01-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations on cleaning and organizing your sewing areas. I'm trying to do that, however, since I lost my sewing room when we moved to a 2-bedroom apt. from a 3-bedroom house, it has been a challenge, sort of like putting 50 lbs. of stash into a 5 lb. box, not happening. But hope springs eternal as I need to get my bedroom/sewing area into some semblance of order, as I'm probably going to have my shoulder replaced in the next few months, my right shoulder of course. Arthritis is not my friend, but I need to be able to use my arm if I'm going to continue sewing and quilting, especially since I have a 4 1/2 year old granddaughter who loves wearing the dresses Grandma MiMi makes for her.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:55 AM

My sewing room is also my stamping room (Stampin'Up). If you think yours is a mess, you should see mine. It's the size of a small bedroom. My stamping supplies cost in the thousands $. My husband always says, "Why would you spend $3-4 for a card when you can spend thousands and make your own?" I'm not enjoying stamping as much anymore since I've gotten into quilting but I hate to give it up with so much invested in it. I'm also very behind on quilting projects. I really want to organize both the quilting half and the stamping half - I just don't have time.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:36 PM

Creativity is such a messy thing! Love your attitude. Off with you to create!
Old 01-06-2015, 01:35 PM

You and me both, Kathi!

Originally Posted by Kathi in PA View Post
I wish I had some organizing elves who worked at night while I slept!!!LOL!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:08 PM

You are finished? I am so jealous. Lol! I am just beginning the "half the house" shuffle. We are taking DH's (banker's type) desk out of his office, putting it under my computer in the electronics & sewing room, moving the desk (a very old, former teachers desk) I am currently using for my computer, over under the sewing machine, then taking the table that the sewing machine is currently on, into DH's office for his stuff. Whew, so far, all we have done is DH's huge bankers desk is standing in the middle of the room waiting for me to put my desk stuff in it, then comes the next big shuffle. Pray for me? Lol!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:30 PM

I, too, started the clean up. But, alas, it is still "not in control." I must be more creative than I thought I could ever be.