Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Year In The Sewing Room >

New Year In The Sewing Room

New Year In The Sewing Room

Old 01-06-2015, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Mine looked good for about an hour yesterday. Was all nice and straightened up yesterday morning then DH left for office for short time. When he got home he figured I'd be in there and said" Did a 'norther' come through while I was gone. Cause it sure as **** looks like it?"
SOME of our men will never understand and mine is one of them. Don't let it get you down. Keep warm. Our wind chill temps in N.E. Nebraska are to be in the two digits below the zero mark tomorrow. Hope I don't have a reason to go out.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:25 PM

MargeD hope all goes well with your shoulder surgery. I've had back surgery and having an MRI on my hip in the morning. If it's not one thing it's two but I can walk slowly and with a limp…LOL!
Old 01-06-2015, 09:43 PM

I haven't gotten to sew since before Thanksgiving due to Holidays and remodeling the back bedroom into my sewing room, so much painting and putting in flooring and getting things arranged UGH. Finally today 1/6/15 I was actually able to sew on a small quilt for about an hour. I have so much to sew but even less time to sew it. One of my daughters brought me a HUGE box of scrap materials for Christmas but of course my washer went out Christmas Eve, so I'm in the process of washing each load 3-5 times to deodorize it all. I'm just glad the New Year is here and everything is calming down now. So I can start up and continue to sew. I have missed it sew much!
Jeri
Old 01-07-2015, 09:17 AM

I posted a note right on my machine to clean that baby and change the needle. I've been doing some applique and I knew the needle was a bit dull. Now I just have to take care of the hardwood floor and rug in there and I'm good to go for another year. lol.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:02 AM

I've enjoyed reading everyone's stories here and I'm so glad I'm not alone in sorting through things this time of year, knowing I'll mess it up again. That's what our spaces are for, right? Creating is messy...so be it. Enjoy your sewing spaces!
Old 01-08-2015, 03:58 AM

True. but when he's building a whole house for you, you learn to pick your battles.

Originally Posted by Bearpawquilter View Post
[It sounds like your DH needs some training. Just sayin'.

QUOTE=tropit;7034526]You've got me inspired. I really need to do that. I had a project spread out on my sewing that I was working on over the holidays. My husband then decided to work on house and left sawdust, nails, and other debris all over my beautiful project. I've been too dismayed to get in there and clean it up and reorganize. I'd better do it...it will only get worse if I don't.
~ C.
[/QUOTE]
Old 01-08-2015, 04:26 AM

I've been doing a deep, thorough, ruthless purge of everything that I don't want, need or use t in my sewing room. My word for the year is "embrace" which includes embracing free space, resting room for my eyes, and creativity that doesn't happen in chaos. I love getting rid of stuff. I used to be the opposite, having grown up with a (neat and organized) hoarder. Too much stuff is a burden, no matter how neat I try to make it, so this year I sing the little phrase "let it go"!

I will try to post pictures when it's at its best. Might last an hour, but I will have pictures to prove it CAN look and feel really good.