Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics! >

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Old 02-22-2015, 09:24 AM

jaba what a great selection! love those shamrocks and the candy wonder if you even got to taste it or did your dh eat them all when your back was turned? sneaky sneaky! I know I would accidentally snag one or three of those

sign ups for next month are up so run on over and send me a PM so far we have about a dozen players.. we will partner with one and if you are interested in an Easter swap your name will be posted for a swap and players canthen contact you to let you know they want one too! see how simple that is! yahoo! there is always room for more players so send a PM if your interested in playing for spring flowers and Easter fabrics
Old 02-23-2015, 01:29 PM

Somehow in the crazy chaos of this month, in spite of my Swap Calendar, I missed out sending one of my side swap partners packages. (Cuppy) She was kind enough to write me a PM asking about it in a very nice way.

So, I fixed one up and it is going out right now. I will PM her a tracking number once my DH gets back from the PO.

Old 02-24-2015, 01:23 AM

Um,
I'm still waiting for some of those cute lil ants to march to my house...
Whoever would've thought I'd be wanting ants in my house??
So, I guess I'll write to our hostess and tell her I'm still waiting on those ants...
Huh? What? Ohhh, you mean we only tell Brat about fabrics we're legitimately
waiting on...Oh, ok..
But I AM legitimately waiting on the ants... there's just the wee issue that I didn't legitimately sign up to swap this month...
But I'm HAPPY to swap with anyone who has extra ants and wishes to humanely exterminate them. If there are any takers, just tell me what fqs you'd like in their place...

Regards,
A buggy Kif...or is it a Kif who's bugging people?!?
Old 02-24-2015, 05:16 AM

Not me! kiffie I am so surprised. I thought I wanted those ants! did a summer picnic quilt for my nephew and it came out so adorable. My sister has it on her chair now because it had lady bugs too.. she is a lady bug nut. so sorry kid that is mine. nice mom! lol.

have you all gone over to the other side yet? you know which one.. the March spring fat quarters one!!! come on over!
Old 02-25-2015, 11:22 AM

Thank you Kiffee for being an angel to me this month for the uglies. Going to make a mug rug out of the wine fabric, love it! Don't know off hand what I'll do with the others maybe cut into 2 1/2" squares and they'll look good, what do you think? Thanks again angel[ATTACH=CONFIG]511572[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  
Old 02-25-2015, 01:00 PM

Here is the mini I made tesspug in the mini swap. I used fqs I bought for this swap and it was nice to actually use what I had, not buy new.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 02-25-2015, 07:14 PM

Jaba,
First off, happy you received the fabrics!! And I always say, I'll be an angel pretty much any way I can be!
And I'm not sure even 2.5" squares can "pretty up" some of the fabrics...lol
But I'm happy I followed the theme of ugly!!

SheriR,
Great mini! Is the Celtic design one you drew off, or is it an embroidery program? I'm sorry for my ignorance on it, I don't have a "strictly" embroidery machine..so I'm not familiar with how they work.
Regards,
Kif
Old 02-25-2015, 07:40 PM

I found the design online and drew it onto Press N Seal. Then placed it on the mini and did a chain stitch hand embroidery. Then pulled off the Press N Seal. I finally found a good use for that stuff!!
Old 02-25-2015, 08:21 PM

Miss Kif, you should be elated!! I've been told everything looks good in small pieces....
Old 02-26-2015, 05:18 AM

That is absolutely true Jaba. I think if any of you have done booms you get a lot of interesting fabric, um.. and well often I have looked at it and said omg this is .. bad. then you do the block and think hum.. this isn't so bad. most things look alright if you cut them small even 4 inches Jaba. it takes away from the large design and cuts it down to just colors. When you stand back from a bed.. you see colors first. you need to get closer to see designs in each piece that is why those scrappys look so darned good. I think those will never work. then you see them and think those worked out nicely lol.

glad that everyone is taking their swaps seriously and sending them. Has anyone not received yet and not heard from their partners? if so please send a PM to me. thanks!