Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question for PE770 owners, please help! >

Question for PE770 owners, please help!

Question for PE770 owners, please help!

Old 02-03-2015, 02:46 PM

Default Question for PE770 owners, please help!

My friend just bought the PE 770 and loves the machine. I have a Husqvarna/Viking machine and it has the computer program of the 5D Embroidery. She is looking for something similar for the Brother machine so she can put designs together. All she can find are programs that cost in excess of $700.00. Can anyone here recommend a program and how to find it. It seems the shop that sells Brother in her area is more interested in talking about their own projects than to help her in quest. So I told her I would ask the wonderful folks of the QB for help.

So thank you to all of you in advance for any insight you may have.

Thank you!!!!!
Old 02-03-2015, 03:36 PM

If she is not interested in digitizing I recommend embrilliance essentials and you can add as you go to make it more advanced, and it is super user friendly. I have the babylock version of it which is more expensive but doesn't have the installments as it is all included. you can demo babylock embroideryworks to see if you like embrilliance since embrilliance doesn't have a demo, you can combine, edit, align, split, has lettering features. The add on packs allow for more advanced the alphatricks allows you to import true type font, the density allows you to remove overlap and adjust different levels. Enthusiast has the top level editing features, it will cost to add the extensions, but you can do it slowly as you go the base program runs about 140. I think there is a new digitizing program from them that is separate.

Last edited by Dolphyngyrl; 02-03-2015 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:01 AM
Power Poster

Another one to look at is Embird. It's modular, so you can just purchase the base package and add on if you like.
Another nice thing is they will let you download the basic version and play a bit. The save feature is disabled, but you can get a good idea of what the program does before you buy:
http://www.embird.net/sw/embird/newdown.htm
Old 02-04-2015, 05:18 AM

I just got a Brother PE 770 Embroidery machine for my birthday at the end of last year. I haven't used it much, but I found Sew-What-Pro Software to import designs into the machine. Here is a link: http://www.appliquecafe.com/category...o-Software.htm This software was a little cheaper than the others mentioned. I bought the Sew-What Pro software, but the only thing I've done with it so far is download two designs to it. I also found out Threadart.com will digitize your design for a fee.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:28 PM

Thank you ladies - I will pass on the information.