Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time! >

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

Old 03-13-2015, 05:52 PM
Power Poster

Jaba, nice mugrug. love your little birdie. so cute.
I need to see some nice birds soon. Or some nice weather.
yesterday it was 47. then went downto 25 last night. today ooler and coat weather .
tomorrow rain, so maybe it might get rid of the snow.
have a great night all.
Old 03-14-2015, 02:46 AM

Cute lil bird there, KLTQuilts made!
Kif
Old 03-14-2015, 02:47 AM

cheesehead fantastic!! sure would loveto find that material here, but I haventy gone to all the fabric shops either(hehehe)
Old 03-14-2015, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by mmac71 View Post
I have not participated in this swap, but I enjoy lurking around almost every night. I love reading about the weather, where people are from, families. in other words I LOVE following you in your swaps. Just from what I have gathered being the Hostess on any of these swaps sound like a lot of work and somwone doing emailing something like that, all I can think of is WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? If I didn't like it I wouldn't be here every night. Thanks Elizabrat for your hard work. It is appreciated!!!!!
I was a lurker for a long time, then got brave..now I do a lot of lulling people to sleep with my looong posts..lol...
Maybe you'd like to jump in and sign up sometime, too??
Either way, we're happy to have you!
Regards,
Kif
Old 03-14-2015, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Kiffie, I made a bunch of pairs for myself 2 yrs ago. mine are all worn down now, I weat them to the pool so the sun bleaches them something awful, being out in the sun for 11 to 5.
THey are tricky to make, not hard, just tricky. I made one to match all 3 of my bathing suits. and out of the wedge flip flops, I did them too. they kinda look dressy, all black and white. a PITA to do , but worth it. thanks.

Well, I love them, Lynnie!!
I wish I wasn't such a visual learner...or I'd try to make some. For my lil granddaughter, my daughter-in-law, me...
I've read your instructions several times, and my thick skull can't get it..
It's not your explaining, it's my "not getting"..lol
And, no, I'm not asking Lynnie to make me any of these shoes..
However, if she wants to make a tutorial, well, who am I to stop her??

Oh, Corn! (My mom's fave "curse" word), I just remembered you can't post pics, Lynnie...Dagnabbit (my fave curse word).

Kif
Old 03-14-2015, 04:38 AM

I love watching little birds outside my window! here we have BIG birds though. the tree is loaded with doves (the smallest ones out there) and big black and whites think maybe they are mocking birds but no idea and then owls and sometimes an eagle too. definitely not small birds lol. In summer little ones will come and eat the seed I throw out there but I miss all the little ones ! they definitely make one think of spring time.

I think we half about half in now? so that means.. .more pictures coming! yahoo! yippee! make sure you take a picture of your mug rug before you send it. this way if your partner doesn't post you can and we get to see all the mug rugs out there. I can hardly wait for next month. Its going to be sweet seeing those coming back in. oh yes it will!
Old 03-14-2015, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Crqltr View Post
ILOVE all of the mug rugs posted...I want them all!! Does that make me a bad person for saying that?? I think it's a compliment when someone wants what I make! Brat you are doing a wonderful JOB with the swaps here! I can't believe it's easy to keep it all so organized!
On another note I received a beautiful mug rug from jan Rutherford! Paper pieced flower , ribbon and fat quarters and tea! I will post pictures when I get to my sewing room computer! Thanks Jan! We have met some true.y beautiful friends on this board and in these swaps!
Nuts!! I can't get a picture to load! I was able to start a new post with pictures so I'm doing something wrong! Jan should get her rug on Monday and she can't post either...we are a good pair!
Old 03-14-2015, 09:05 AM
Power Poster

Kiffie, i'm a visual learner too, you could write it simple and plain but without
a picture, i'm lost. I tried my best, but words are words and a picture is worth 1,000
words. so if I had a camera, you know i'd do it for you. try googling it someone
must have done a tute on it somewhere along the line.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Kiffie, i'm a visual learner too, you could write it simple and plain but without
a picture, i'm lost. I tried my best, but words are words and a picture is worth 1,000
words. so if I had a camera, you know i'd do it for you. try googling it someone
must have done a tute on it somewhere along the line.
Oh, I know you would...never a doubt in my mind about that!
You're a sweet girl, deep down I mean . Now you KNOW I'm teasing ya, Lynnie!!!
Hugs,
Ornery Kif
Old 03-14-2015, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I love watching little birds outside my window! here we have BIG birds though. the tree is loaded with doves (the smallest ones out there) and big black and whites think maybe they are mocking birds but no idea and then owls and sometimes an eagle too. definitely not small birds lol. In summer little ones will come and eat the seed I throw out there but I miss all the little ones ! they definitely make one think of spring time.

I think we half about half in now? so that means.. .more pictures coming! yahoo! yippee! make sure you take a picture of your mug rug before you send it. this way if your partner doesn't post you can and we get to see all the mug rugs out there. I can hardly wait for next month. Its going to be sweet seeing those coming back in. oh yes it will!
"Sweet" as in, Lynnie gets her wish??!!

Kif