Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
#10 mystery quilt train ride - more scraps!! >

#10 mystery quilt train ride - more scraps!!

#10 mystery quilt train ride - more scraps!!

Old 04-10-2015, 06:35 AM

Sunlite, you've got it all.

OK, your fabrics are great. Reminds me of what Cheryl would make, I call her the Queen of the Florals,

Now into the shower - daughter on her way, I think, I hope, to get her taxes done. Just want to get it over with.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:58 AM

While y'all are cutting & sewing I am still changing my mind. I went out and finally bought some background fabric, I think that might help me love what I'm doing. First house guests left today, next group comes in on Wednesday. If I have time between laundry, cleaning & cooking....I am going to sew!
Old 04-10-2015, 09:34 AM

Dody You know you can't wait for the next group on Wednesday I'm so excited. I'm still going to bring from scraps maybe we can work on this. Love you dearly SIL
Old 04-10-2015, 09:51 AM

HA Judy, about everything I have from Spring thru Winter, holidays, has flowers, I just love anything big & floral, and PINKs.. I keep trying to branch out, and it always comes back to something w/pinks in it..lol Guess I'm just a girly girl..HAHAHA

J
Old 04-10-2015, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by dharen7 View Post
Dody You know you can't wait for the next group on Wednesday I'm so excited. I'm still going to bring from scraps maybe we can work on this. Love you dearly SIL
True that! I can't wait! Excellent idea, maybe that's why I bought 3 yards of background fabric instead of 3/4 yard. Great minds!
Old 04-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Power Poster

only a few more hours till the next clue. everyone have some chocolate wine and brownies and get some sleep,
tomorrow is the big day!
Old 04-11-2015, 04:50 AM

Ok the ladies here are using such amazing colors its stunning. I don't have enough of a solid to use with any of mine. I had thought perhaps I could use a print but now I wonder seeing what others have done. so back to shopping the fabric mines in my back room lol.

I made it through the surgery (my chest is amazing shades of purple) but time will tell if this will work for any length of a run. I got six weeks last time praying I get six or much more this time. cross your fingers. Today is my third day of dialysis so once again I will miss the cutting party. I wonder will you sew today? I am going with a baby blanket for mine which is going to be two rows of table runner size plus a border to make it a size that will work well for a baby. I cant wait to see what everyone else is doing. some of these florals posted are making me drool. omg the bright colors against the black would be stunning. really big eye pop factor. how to chose what to use is tough. I guess it depends on the colors in the room it will be going in right?
Old 04-11-2015, 05:22 AM

Or paint / decorate the room to accent the quilt !
Old 04-11-2015, 05:29 AM

Welcome back Linda. I'm glad your surgery went well. Take care of yourself and relax. Sending quilting hugs, lots.

i'm still on the fence on this one. I can't decide on the colors. Do I want to do a control batik using scraps, or use my other quilting fabric scraps in my laundry hamper. Decisions, decisions. Hopefully this step will push me one way or the other.

Anyway, it's 0830 here only a few more hours before our next step, yea! I left breakfast burritos in the club car for everyone. Enjoy and happy sewing and quilting today.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:47 AM

still here giggling about my silly comment.....next to me is my 'Grand Illusion' quilt... so the room for this one would be 'swiss coffee' walls and ebony furniture....giggle....Saturday is my silly day ..... blame it on jelly beans