Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
taking pictures in quilt stores >

taking pictures in quilt stores

taking pictures in quilt stores

Old 04-07-2015, 09:33 AM

I usually just write down the mfg. of the fabric I like. Often my LQS doesn't have all the coordinating fabrics, but I can get them online. So I buy what I can at the LQS and get the rest online. I don't buy fabric online from sites that won't tell you the mfg.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:47 AM

Can't wait to see the sign that says if you have a photographic/eidetic memory you are not allowed in the store. [/QUOTE]

Ha! Precisely! How are they going to handle those customers? Good thing they are few and far between, I guess. Businesses have to keep up with technology. Most people (not me, since my cell is not a smart phone) use their phones for everything these days, including record keeping. If people don't want photos taken of information on the end of a bolt, then I suggest they lock the bolts up behind glass so the bolt ends aren't visible, the way big stores do video games, car stereos and other high dollar items)....or become an online business instead of a brick and mortar store. I fully understand prohibiting photos of quilts on display, though that, too, is a sticky wicket and probably hard to enforce. I wonder if department stores have rules about people taking photos of clothes on mannekins?

Having said all that, if photos are prohibited, there is a way to speak to people, and the clerk quoted in the original post in this thread just plain got it wrong. Personally, I wouldn't shop there again.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:13 PM

I understand the clerk's point of view. I know people who do just what she was referring to. Guess she could have been a little more diplomatic