Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme! >

Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme!

Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme!

Old 05-22-2015, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

terriamn hope I don't whine too much, I can't sit in cars for to long so we'll be stopping along the way. not to many places to stop on the NJ thruway or the Long Island Expresssway. Just want to get there and home safely on the holiday weekend. I hope she likes what I made her 6 sets of placemats for holidays, washcloths, fabric napkins and dish towels to match. I also made her a framed saying. they wanted us to write a bible verse or something that mean something to us, so I did,"always kiss me goodnight". Hope she likes it.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:33 PM

Lynnie -- I think those are wonderful gifts! I can't imagine anyone not liking handmade goodies, & what you chose sounds wonderful! Love the idea of the framed saying, too!
Old 05-22-2015, 05:58 PM

LinnieI was driving myself so no one heard me whining. I really don't like long rides in the car, my poor knees stiffen up. Your gifts sound wonderful, I would love them
Old 05-22-2015, 07:48 PM
Power Poster

I hear you with the long ride. my rt knee and my back don't like long rides. last time I was in the car, I paid for it for a week. I hope she loves what I made for her. I did the sets in Valentines day, Patriotic, st Pats, Halloween,pic-nic and I forgot the other one. I'll let you all know what she says.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:05 AM

I apologize I have been out for a couple days. Migrane took me over and didn't let go til this morning. Not sure if its news meds or is it from just stress. We will find out sure enough tomorrow when I take another two. scared to death it is a sure way to put me down with no typing no reading no watching tv.. just laying there. Boring! ok on to the true fun things:

1) amazing mug rugs you have all been making and the treats? omg. I saw a jar of homemade Jam in there.. I love jam and make a ton myself during the summer months. Strawberries are coming in and I hear Cherries are superb out in CA the size of quarters. I am ready!

2) I apologize was going to get the sign ups up yesterday but will promise to get them up today I couldn't do it simply couldn't type yesterday. I will have them up by 5 I hope. I have to go to clinic in a few and then from there to nap time then when I wake up I will type them up so be looking for them and Please join again! I love seeing what your all up to and hearing about your month. The conversations are so sweet so chat away please! the theme since I am sincerely late is: Patriotic or Picnic depending on what your partner wants so either you will be making two to get a head start or you will be waiting to find out exactly which of those two items they want. that is your call but you do need to respect your partners wish on which one they would chose. if you want to add to your sign ups which one is your preference please do and ctyankee will do her best to make sure your partnered with someone who has similar preferences. if you don't mind either please let her know also. some will get a partner that is not perhaps your favorite choice but that's the gamble with this swap. every other month its your partners wishes not yours so keep this in mind when you sign up. if you cant handle it then please wait til next month when you can send what you chose based on the theme!
Old 05-23-2015, 07:46 AM

I mailed out my side swap to Robinlee this morning. Whew. Doing two this month was intense, but it's on its way to its new home & I'm almost ready for the next swap!
Old 05-23-2015, 09:06 AM

Elisabrat, So sorry about that migraine - hope its over and you're feeling great.

Count me in for the Patriotic/Picnic swap! With an Uncle in WW1, two brothers, Father-in-law, several Brothers-in-law in WW2 and Nephews and Friends in Vietnam and Son in Desert Storm and we always - always celebrated our get to gathers with huge Picnics. Brings back so many happy memories. I'm the youngest of 12 so you know our picnics were quite the event!!
Old 05-23-2015, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

Brat, so sorry about the migraine. I used to get them so I know the pain and all that goes with the doc put me on amitriptolain and no more headaches. what a godsend that was.
i'm good for anything, so i'll sign up when it's posted.
Looking forward to some great ideas!
Old 05-23-2015, 01:15 PM

Brat - welcome back from that nasty migraine . . . I know those can wipe you out!! I get ocular migraines every so often - no pain but see things "differently" for a short period of time.

Hope everyone enjoys their Memorial Day weekend - stay safe on the roadways and remember those who have helped us celebrate our freedom.

Sounds like our June mug rug swap will be just as fun as this one has been!!! I think I might go ahead and make a mug rug for each theme choice since I like both!!!
Old 05-23-2015, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

I may too. can never have enough and last month, I sent two. I have my seasonal ones now too.
has it been posted yet?