Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm already tired of it! >

I'm already tired of it!

I'm already tired of it!

Old 06-26-2015, 02:09 PM

Tastes change.

If there is a subconscious reason you don't like it, you will never enjoy it. You will feel uncomfortable working on it.

Why not post a larger version of the picture you posted here where you can see it? Maybe looking at the picture will grow on you and change your mind about working on it. If it doesn't and you still hate it, it would probably be best to gift it to someone who likes it to finish.

You no longer have to feel guilty about it, and the other person is delighted with the top to finish. You can then work on something you do like. That's a plus for 2 people.

I've tossed some stuff I really hated and felt better after. I could think and feel creative again. I always felt guilty for not liking it.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:53 PM

I love your Cheshire cat quote! Diane C
Old 06-26-2015, 04:52 PM

I think it's so pretty. I'm glad that you aren't sending it to the thrift store! I hope you love it when it's finished because I think it's absolutely gorgeous.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:07 PM

I think it's great and really hope you finish it! I really needed to see it--I'm working on a SAS of blues/purples and whites from the table toppers from my DD wedding--hope to get it to them in Sept. and I know what you mean about being so repetitive and tedious--especially when I realized my "circles" were not showing cause I had doubled the "sashings" and it just looked busy. So then I decided to reduce the "sashings", add blocks and cut tons more fabric--now it's ready to finish up the blocks. But have to say that part of my ugg reaction to mine was the sharp contrast between the purples & blues and the white--seeing how awesome your quilt is looking inspires me that mine will turn out too! Keep at it and we'll compare pictures. I do think I'll follow the advice of letting it marinade for a while before I long arm it though--somehow I want to emphasis the "waves" the pattern forms.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:12 AM

I absolutely love this. You have done an amazing job. I would walk away and switch to something else. If you can't stand to finish it, I would love to take it off your hands. My colors are olive and purple with some turquoise thrown in. Great job.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:12 AM

What pattern is this?
Old 06-27-2015, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by faykilgore View Post
Thanks. I'll just piece a little, quilt a little, piece a little, quilt a little cheep! cheep! cheep! piece a little more! (From The Music Man for those who think I've completely lost it by now. Maybe I have.)
I would also work on one block a day. Only one a day, you will be surprised how quickly it gets finished. [Quote]

Love it. We sang that song on a Choral trip down the Danube from Germany to Hungary. What fun.
I did the one block-a-day thing on a stack and whack for a while; then one day I did ten. A little at a time gets the job done. And like others have said, the quilting will do a lot for it. (But I love it as it is.)
Old 06-27-2015, 04:24 AM

I love your quilt!!!! I can see where it would be difficult and time consuming.....but gorgeous!
Old 06-27-2015, 06:17 AM

I don't like to give up on anything!!!!!!! You will never know how it would have turned out. You will never know if someone would have loved to have a quilt like that. I don't like things like that hanging over my head. If I don't like it, I can give it away, but never finish it? NEVER!

Finish it. It will be gorgeous and also, think about this -- money. Can you just throw it out? I can't. Even if I could, I couldn't. Someone worked for that money - if not me, my husband, God Rest His Soul. I'd never do that to him. My quilts are too important to me. Edie
Old 06-27-2015, 06:29 AM

If you decide to finish this, it will be stunning.