Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If your LAer sees something "odd" - >

If your LAer sees something "odd" -

If your LAer sees something "odd" -

Old 09-02-2015, 03:20 AM

Just had this happen to me. I had turned one bearpaw corner the wrong way and didn't notice it. I wish she had called me and I would have fixed it, instead she quilted it and sent it back to me.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:59 AM

I am a longarmer. In a ideal situation, when you take your quilt to a longarmer. The longarmer should look the quilt over before the customer leaves the quilt with you. If the borders are wavy, the customer has a choice to either fix them or pay the longarmer to fix them, wavy borders cannot be quilted out. If there are seams that have been missed same thing. I would hope there is a good relationship between the customer and longarmer. As a longarmer you never want to make the customer feel like their work is bad. If we didn't have quilters we would not have any business. Hopefully it can be a learning experience. I am just one longarmer, but in the quild that I belong to we usually all agree that things that make work for the longarmer and are not going to make the customer happy should be discussed with the customer.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:00 AM
Power Poster

I agree. Communication is key.
Originally Posted by duckydo View Post
I am a longarmer. In a ideal situation, when you take your quilt to a longarmer. The longarmer should look the quilt over before the customer leaves the quilt with you. If the borders are wavy, the customer has a choice to either fix them or pay the longarmer to fix them, wavy borders cannot be quilted out. If there are seams that have been missed same thing. I would hope there is a good relationship between the customer and longarmer. As a longarmer you never want to make the customer feel like their work is bad. If we didn't have quilters we would not have any business. Hopefully it can be a learning experience. I am just one longarmer, but in the quild that I belong to we usually all agree that things that make work for the longarmer and are not going to make the customer happy should be discussed with the customer.