Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -  Sept 4 to Sept 7, 2015 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend - Sept 4 to Sept 7, 2015

Virtual Quilting Weekend - Sept 4 to Sept 7, 2015

Old 09-07-2015, 04:55 PM

Wow...great chair covers! Managed to get my 1st step done for mystery tablerunner on the board here. [ATTACH=CONFIG]530106[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails step-1-runner001-small-.jpg  
Old 09-07-2015, 05:26 PM

Just finished the binding on my granddaughter's quilt - whew!! Glad to get it finished - it was great having a 'retreat' with you all!
Old 09-07-2015, 05:30 PM

Kristakz and Gail G: I thought about including it in the card envelope and telling them that this block was a pain to make. My niece sews and helped grandma sew so she would totally get it. I will be putting a few of grandma's finished blocks on the back for a personal touch. I just hope I can get it done by the 19th. Nothing like procrastination! Hopefully I don't get any more personal requests to sub before then so I have free days. I have a hard time turning down personal requests.

Once again, thanks for the pictures!

Connie
Old 09-07-2015, 06:26 PM

I wasn't able to join in this holiday weekend but enjoyed seeing all your projects! I did finish a double Irish Chain last week and have the binding to complete on a scrappy quilt. My granddaughter came up and is learning how to sew. Using a homemade jelly roll she got all the pieces sewn end to end so she has a quilt 3 inches by 1600 inches. The next time she comes up she will sew the first seam (800 inches). Once the top is put together we will choose bright fabrics to make a mermaid, jelly fish, octopus, and schools of fish to applique to the top. She will put it in the fair next year.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:33 PM

Last picture for this week end. Finished 4 spice blocks. Added them to top row for now. Sure they will be moved around a lot as I finish more. Hope everyone had a good week- end. [ATTACH=CONFIG]530117[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 09-07-2015, 09:56 PM

I was here!! Love seeing all of your pictures. I Finished all 126 of my pinwheel blocks for the quilt I'm making for our vintage canned ham, currently under renovation. I may re-do a few of them. They're slightly wonky. No one would notice, but my eye will go straight to them every time. I think there are only a few I want to replace. I've squared up almost all the rest, so hopefully next weekend I can get the top pieced.

Hope everyone has a good week!!

Ally
Old 09-08-2015, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by AllyStitches View Post
I was here!! Love seeing all of your pictures. I Finished all 126 of my pinwheel blocks for the quilt I'm making for our vintage canned ham, currently under renovation. I may re-do a few of them. They're slightly wonky. No one would notice, but my eye will go straight to them every time. I think there are only a few I want to replace. I've squared up almost all the rest, so hopefully next weekend I can get the top pieced.

Hope everyone has a good week!!

Ally
Ally, if that "vintage canned ham" wasn't autocorrect, I just have to know what the heck you are talking about
Old 09-08-2015, 04:05 AM

My apologies for not being here much this weekend. I didn't much get much quilting done. We had to unexpectedly put out 8 1/2 year old cat to sleep Sunday and I just haven't felt up to doing much. He was my baby and it was an incredibly difficult decision. But I have been reading and following along to see what everyone was doing. The sugar and spice blocks are very interesting; and a great way to use up scraps. And kristakz, I agree, I want to know what "vintage canned ham" is also!

Next VQW is Columbus Day weekend (that's October 9-12 for some of you ). Hopefully I'll be able to join in on that one. Thanks for sharing all your projects with me
Old 09-08-2015, 04:36 AM

Vintage canned ham is a travel trailer.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
My apologies for not being here much this weekend. I didn't much get much quilting done. We had to unexpectedly put out 8 1/2 year old cat to sleep Sunday and I just haven't felt up to doing much. He was my baby and it was an incredibly difficult decision. But I have been reading and following along to see what everyone was doing. The sugar and spice blocks are very interesting; and a great way to use up scraps. And kristakz, I agree, I want to know what "vintage canned ham" is also!

Next VQW is Columbus Day weekend (that's October 9-12 for some of you ). Hopefully I'll be able to join in on that one. Thanks for sharing all your projects with me
Sorry about your kitty, Heather. That makes for a rough weekend Thanks for hosting.

Nice pick on the next VQW - Thanksgiving Day weekend for us in Canada, so another long one here. Hopefully I can join in, amongst visiting with my sons. I have 2 bindings to finish today, and one more set of quilts to come off the longarm this morning, so I'll try to post some final photos later today. I had a *very* productive weekend, and I couldn't have (or wouldn't have) done it without all my virtual friends quilting along with me.