FYI: Juki made 15 Clone

Old 09-26-2015, 06:04 AM

Default FYI: Juki made 15 Clone

If you want a really good 15 Clone made by a top line manufacturer here is a JUKI made one:

{ http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem...temid=24488530 }

I'd wager it's an exceptional machine.

Joe
Old 09-26-2015, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
If you want a really good 15 Clone made by a top line manufacturer here is a JUKI made one:

{ http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem...temid=24488530 }

I'd wager it's an exceptional machine.

Joe
I wish you had not shown that :-) I love my Juki and I have been thinking of getting one clone to add to the herd, but I have decided that I will only buy units I can pick up myself (have to put up some kinds of limits to keep me from going too wild). Fortunately for me, it is not driving distance.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:19 AM

Interesting to know. Joe, do you know if all the machines produced by DeLuxe were Juki made? That Hillsboro site is one I visit frequently, but so far have found machines produced by DeLuxe at out of the way thrift stores. We all think those little "out of the way" thrift stores are our own secret. Any place you find a thrift store in the same vicinity as a Goodwill, it will start getting a lot of business after searchers look at the prices at Goodwill.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:22 AM

The "Deluxe" badge is found on many if not most Japanese made machines, not just the Juki made ones.

I've had basically good luck in receiving machines through the mail. I know it costs but nothing is free.

Joe
Old 09-26-2015, 09:02 AM

Is J 05 Juki then? I like the green on the decals. You don't see a lot of green.

I'm working on a Happy made Montgomery Wards zigzag machine right now. I don't think it ever saw much use or oil. There's not a mark on it. It was frozen from dried oil but spins beautifully now. It's one of the smoothest running Japanese machines I've touched. That Juki should be as good or better.
Rodney
Old 09-26-2015, 06:23 PM

Rodney,

My J- A / manufacturers list does not list a code for JUKI. J- A 4 & 5 is Maruzen / Jaguar. And J- A is supposed to be Toyota.
My HOTHER does not have any J- A numbers on it, but like the one in the current GW add it's stamped JUKI on the parts and the underside of the bed.

If I hadn't blown my machine allowance I'd try for it.

Joe