Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 11-10-2015, 12:03 PM

The package for my double secret secret santa is out the door. Why double secret??? My santee won't come into the hole! Wish could have gotten to know her better. OK, Santee, I know you are lurking on the board even if you don't want to chat..... When you get the package open the card LAST. I discuss a couple of the things in the parcel and I don't want to spoil the surprise by you reading the card first. I live in Mississippi. My Santee does not but she does live in the USA. Those are the only hints I'm giving!!! And the box does jingle if you shake it...

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way.... Oh what fun it is to send packages across the way....
Old 11-10-2015, 12:16 PM

Ibex94, maybe your SS was like me and forgot about the chat board. I was wondering why there was not chit chat and then all of a sudden I realized I did not subscribe to the chat board. So I have been really quiet this year.

The box for my SS is coming along nicely. The Quilting Expo is happening this weekend so I am going to head over on Friday after work to see if I can find anything else fun for my partner. I will be taking the box to the PO on Saturday so it is mailed by the deadline.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:02 PM

since i am recycling a box that use to hold apples i wanted to wrap it on freezer paper or brown shipping paper to mail it. my freezer paper is nearly gone--time for a new box--so off to local Super Target. No freezer paper and although they carried bubble wrap, squishy padded envelopes and small boxes for mailing, they DO NOT carry brown wrapping paper or even freezer wrap. ( so what else is new--they dont even have cinnamon rolls in their bakery dept--sheesh!)
Thought i would have to make that long trek to CUB Foods but on the walk home i noticed that my neighbors had the big brown lawn refuse bags out on the curb.I have a few of them on hand so when i got home,I took one, slit it down the side and removed the bottom. Wrapped it around my box with wrong side of the bag showing and taped it on. Added index card with address and she is ready to go--but she is too heavy or me to carry very far so will have to have my daughter come take me to post office to mail it.
We quilters will recycle anything!!!
Old 11-10-2015, 01:58 PM

Thanks to everyone who is posting that they received their secret santa package. I am glad to see my package was received by my Secret Santa Pal, now I can relax and enjoy the rest of the swap. Have fun mailing everyone.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:39 PM

Hope to get my ss package soon. Maybe Thursday, next mail delivery.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:58 PM

I've wrapped my goodies and filled my box -- but wait... there's a bit more room in there! Since I still have 4 days til the mailing deadline, I'm off to see what else I can find.

This is sooooo much fun; I'm hoping my Santee loves her package!
Old 11-10-2015, 03:30 PM

Arrived home late late last night after being gone for almost 2 weeks, so tired.
Went to the International Quilt Festival in Houston, wow, talk about sensory overload (no pics allowed). 24 rows of vendors & I only had time & energy for 8, ugh. Spent way too much on fabric, hard to get most of the nice stuff here.

So many cool pics you all have posted, all items will be truly appreciated & if anyone gets something they don't want/like just PM me for my address!!!! Sad to hear about some of you stuggling with illness, bereavement, family issues, etc. will keep you all in my prayers. Enjoyed catching up on the last 14 pages of this thread.

I am looking forward to receiving my SS pkg. My secret santa posted that my pkg arrived there.

Veterans Parade tomorrow, followed by luncheon for ~2,000, then off to the VA Hospital to deliver super desserts.
Busy week, then I will decompress.
hugs,
dj
Old 11-10-2015, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by CarolinePaj View Post
Hi Again Guys,

Just to let my person know..... I am posting today, but it has a long long long long way to go so it will take a couple of weeks I think!

Here is a hint to who you are.......... You live on a different continent to me and you like pink!

Hugs

Caroline
That could be me. I like pink.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:44 PM

Shipped mine out last week but my SS hasn't posted that she got a package yet. Hope she did and she is anxious to open it.......only not yet!
Old 11-10-2015, 05:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by CarolinePaj View Post
Hi Again Guys,

Just to let my person know..... I am posting today, but it has a long long long long way to go so it will take a couple of weeks I think!

Here is a hint to who you are.......... You live on a different continent to me and you like pink!

Hugs

Caroline
Well, Caroline, if it's me... I'll gladly wait!!